On the one day I didn’t have my camera . . .

I saw a guy pedaling a unicycle in the center turn lane in Hillsboro Village.

Clearly I need an iPhone like my father, who’s able to capture pictures of bike art like this while working in Detroit.

Seen anything interesting on your commute lately?

Tagged ,

16 thoughts on “On the one day I didn’t have my camera . . .

1. Carolyn I. says:

Isn’t that always the way it works? ;)

2. jjfantastic says:

Looks like your dad works near the Heidelberg Project? I love that place…

• Trisha says:

I think he works just about everywhere in the city — he’s working with “Detroit 1-8-7″ and they’re always filming at a different location. I need to go visit someday soon.

• David says:

Oh, a little thrill went through me to see the HP show up in a photo. Yes, you absolutely should visit Detroit – it’s a wonderful city (at the same time as it is one with a great deal of struggle) and is also a terrific city to cycle in. Detroit was, until recently, my longtime home, and still has my heart. If you ever plan to go, let me know and I’ll help you out.

• Amy says:

I’m glad to hear that Detroit is a good place to cycle in. It’s one city on our list of cities to relocate our business too in a couple of years.

• David says:

Detroit does not have the mass of cyclists that cities like Chicago do (though it has many more than it did even 5 years ago); but it does have huge streets with very little traffic, and a friendly attitude.

3. LC says:

So true! Even if I do have a camera, I am usually too slow to whip it out of the bag and snap before it’s too late ;) I need to master the art of fast, street photography lol!

• Trisha says:

I thought about trying with my non-smart cell phone, but I knew the combination of low light and crappy camera would be fatal even if I did get it out in time.

4. Dottie says:

Ha, that would be an awesome sight. A vehicular unicyclist in the left turn lane. Also, your dad is sweet for sending you cool bicycle pics through his iPhone.

5. While pedaling through Tempe this weekend, my husband and I saw a fashion shoot happening in the street outside the Aveda salon. I felt the glamour moving in my general direction.

6. SM says:

Just a little humor… but my young son thinks I’m psycho whenever I pull out my camera, or phone to take a picture of anything that has to do with a bicycle. He says, OMG Mom! But, he’s always willing to help out if I can’t get the shot.

7. ScottyD says:

That is such a typical awesome Detroit pic! For more cool pictures taken while cycling Detroit check out this guys blog.

It’s typical crazy stuff that us Detroiters see all the time.

8. jerry says:

Do you ever get coffee at that place in Hillsboro — I think it is Fido’s and near the famous pancake place. My son goes to Vandy and we often go to Fido’s for breakfast or lunch when we are in town.

9. Trisha says:

Only just about every day! Love Fido.