January’s women-who-bike brunch

My third women-who-bike brunch was the biggest yet, with nearly 20 women gathering together on a freezing Sunday morning to enjoy each other’s company and $3 mimosas. I love these brunches for the opportunity to sit down and have great conversations with so many smart, fun women. Next we’ll expand to happy hours, in the spring we’ll start some group rides and from there we’ll take over the world.

What an awesome group! I tried to get everyone’s photo, but did not quite succeed. Here are some cool blogs that were represented: Ding Ding Let’s Ride, This Little Bike of Mine, Bike Fancy, Two Pitties in the City (cutest dogs ever), Po Campo, and Chicargo Bike. If I indadvertedly left anyone’s blog out, feel free to leave a comment to say hi and link to your stuffs. :)

As always, if you’re interested in attending our next brunch on the first Sunday of February, email me at LGRAB [at] letsgorideabike [dot] com.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “January’s women-who-bike brunch

1. How does everyone manage to look so well-insulated and stylish at the same time?? I find it such a struggle (unless I am wearing fur, of course). And in helmets, too? I’m really impressed. Hope I can make it back to Chicago this year and join your brunch.

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Nelly Mirikitani. Nelly Mirikitani said: RT @letsgorideabike: New post: January’s women-who-bike brunch http://bit.ly/ekNA3q [...]

3. It was so great to meet everyone. Thanks again Dottie for putting this together!

4. martha says:

Super fun brunch. Thanks for coming down north siders! Next time we’ll do the trek to the north side. And congrats on the new bike Dottie!

5. LC says:

You ladies looked super! I’m organising “Wheelers’ Brunch” and our first meet up is end of the month! It’ll be a great opportunity for like-minded cyclists from Manchester to get together, talk about bikes as transport, sans lycra, with style and fun!

I think we can take over the world ;) and make it better for it!

6. Maria B. says:

I’m so glad I got my butt out of bed and made it to brunch! I had a great time and enjoyed meeting so many new people. Already looking forward to Feb!

7. JTuttle says:

Oh, I was sad to miss it. I’ll be at the next one!

8. martha p says:

looking forward to more brunches, happy hours and their natural corollary, world domination ;) great meeting everyone!

9. Erin says:

Very stylish Chicago ladies! Keep it up!

10. Daniel Evans says:

What a great idea! Everyone looked so stylish and great!

11. Nicole says:

Dottie,

This is such a great thing to do, to bring women together just on the common theme of riding a bike.

I’d really like to set one up in London. How did you first put the word out? Did you make a plea on your blog or did you have a few friends already interested?

12. Samantha says:

Thanks again Dottie for getting these brunches going! I have met so many amazing women, made some new riding friends AND found a couple of places with great Mimosas!

13. [...] more obvious: we didn’t really have to give it up. See, this past weekend after biking to Dottie’s ‘Ladies who Bike Brunch’ , I realized that many Chicagoans are just going along their daily summer routines…just with [...]

14. Juniytongcoo says:

Thanks for the post in this site I will bookmark this page and tell my friend about this blog I think this article increase my knowledge. Thank you!
    motores para bicicletas

15. Sara says:

I had such a great time, as expected. Thanks, Dottie!

16. Ido says:

Very nice photos! Like to see you all enjoy biking in the States. I’m from Holland myself so i’m used to bike everyday to school and nowadays to work.
    The more often you bike, the more you love it. Except for a very rainy day ofcourse :)
    Who is the beautiful lady on the last photo? She looks amazing!