Some Rules Were Made to Be Broken

Like, “no white shoes after Labor Day.” Especially when one has just acquired a pair of white pumps that one’s grandmother wore as a bride in 1956, and one knows that once winter really sets in, it will be too cold to wear them.

A perfect match for my white vintage bike!

In other news, it’s starting to feel like Christmas as invites to holiday parties start filling up my calendar and my neighbors start putting up their holiday lights.  I can’t wait to see this one when I ride home tonight.

Happy Friday everyone!

Tagged , ,

12 thoughts on “Some Rules Were Made to Be Broken

1. Steve A says:

Does that rule also exclude athletic shoes? If so, I’m in big trouble!

2. SM says:

Happy Friday to you too! Those white pumps look magnificent with your white mixte!

3. I know just what you mean – My bikes never liked the “no white after Labor Day” rule; they wear their cream tires year round.

4. Maureen says:

From a pretty much “good girl/rule follower” I totally agree! Those shoes were begging to be worn with your bike! I bet even Clinton and Stacey (WNTW) would agree! Hey have we seen pictures of this bicycle yet? Inquiring minds want to know1

5. LC says:

I never heard of the “no white shoes after Labor Day.” rule ;) but definitely good to be broken when you shoes match your bike!!!

6. John says:

My riding shoes were white originally, but now they have a funky road grime looking hew. So I suppose I’m abiding by the rules. I’ll clean them in a few months and make them white again when the rules allow.

I hope I can bring the white back. But maybe not. 8>)

7. Dottie says:

I love this shot! The white iPod cord v. black brake cable, white shoes, black tights, white frame, black tire – perfection.