A Lovely Change of Pace

“You are a lovely change of pace,” a guy bicycling by me called out yesterday morning.  We had just launched off from a stop light with about 6 other cyclists and I moved over to the right after seeing that he needed to pass in my rear view mirror.  I don’t know if my helpful maneuver or my skirt and pink helmet elicited the remark, but it made me laugh and say, “Thank you!”

A change of pace is really what I needed, after a too-eventful week.  To that end, I chose to ride the Lakefront Trail yesterday evening and this morning.  Even though it’s quite out of the way and adds about 2 miles to my otherwise 4 mile work route, sometimes it’s totally worth it for a lovely change of pace, free of cars.

Happy Friday!

p.s.  I’m not trying to hold out on my new bike news, but I don’t want to post about it until I have it and there’s an unexpected delay, so probably by early next week.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 thoughts on “A Lovely Change of Pace

1. Sungsu says:

“I don’t know if my helpful maneuver or my skirt and pink helmet elicited the remark”

I think it was both.

2. SM says:

Love today’s photos. Very soothing to look at and the yellow & gold leaves look so dreamy. Accentuates the bike nicely too.

3. Janice in GA says:

New bike news?? ::ears perk up::

4. Right, I don’t believe you : ) Take pity on us bicycle addicts and reveal what the new bike is!

Today I was riding my bike on a local rail trail and I kept getting the sense that there was another cyclist behind me, impatient to pass me. So I moved over to the right. He still didn’t pass me. So I slowed down a bit and shouted “Go ahead!” over my shoulder. And the guy shouted back… “Oh no thank you, I was enjoying taking advantage of your fast tempo!” What!

5. Zweiradler says:

The leaves are going down in style. After that it will all be grey and dirty again. :)

Nico

6. The photos are wonderful as always. Is this a special photoshop plugin you are using, or are you tweaking the curves manually in photoshop?
    To get the colours, i mean.

And: I am almost sure, that the bike you are getting is either very small (Brompton or other folder) or very large (cargo or boxbike of some sort).

7. Dottie says:

The photos here are from my Nikon FM2 film camera with Kodak Portra film. The Portra captures beautiful colors. No photoshop.

8. maureen says:

I love the fact that he made the comment. He sensed something about you – whether your sense of style, your thoughtfulness and courtesy, or your inner self – and passed it on. Very nice!