Cocktail Party Ride – Fall 2010

On Sunday evening, 25 Chicago cyclists joined together to ride and drink in style, demonstrating that bicycling in a suit or dress and heels is easy.  The temperature was about 40 degrees with a stiff wind, but otherwise a lovely autumn evening, perfect for bicycles and sidecars.  Thanks to everyone who came out! You all looked fabulous and I wish I could have taken everyone’s picture! And special thanks to Mr. Dottie for putting on a suit – very rare.  :)

THE RIDERS

THE RIDE

THE COCKTAIL PARTY

To all Chicagoans: See you next time! Date TBD. (Likely to be co-hosted again by John of Vote With Your Feet.)

To all others: Start planning your own cocktail ride. It’s so fun and easy!

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 thoughts on “Cocktail Party Ride – Fall 2010

1. Melissa S. says:

It was a lot of fun.

2. nicolas says:

I love the openness of you guys’ choice of headgear: helmet or top hat, no judgement passed, no questions asked. Excellent.

3. Kara says:

Ooh la la! Everyone looks very dapper. A very classy bike ride, indeed.

4. Miss Sarah says:

Your photos are really looking quite good!

Love the one with people under the L.

Greg is looking very handsome, and woman, you are shiny as usual:)

S*

5. maureen says:

Everyone looks so dapper!

6. I like the camel coat and black cocktail dress combination – just the right amount of “chic” with just the right amount of softness. More interesting and unexpected than black and black.

7. Simply Bike says:

Everyone looks soooo good! This looks fabulous! I want to be part of a cocktail ride!

Wonderful! S.

8. Jim Phillips says:

Wonderful event with a real classy group of guys and gals.
    Did you say 40 degrees?!! When I was biking yesterday afternoon (Charleston, SC) it was 77 degrees, a little cooler today…ahem.

best,

JImP

9. Amy says:

Looks like such fun! And everyone looks smashing. :)

10. martha says:

So bummed I had to miss this! Everyone looks so fancy ; ) Keep me posted on the next one!

11. Daniel says:

Dottie, thank you (and John) very much for organizing the Cocktail Ride! Janet and I had a wonderful time!

Dan.

12. meligrosa says:

so awesome!! love the set, it tells a story without any written details <33

13. Steve Weber says:

Looks like you guys and gals had a great time! To have a group of people like yours who are into biking and forgetting about the “social norm” is really awesome and I’m jealous! I would love to have a group to ride with like that, but alas, small town USA doesn’t have the interest like Chicago. Thanks for sharing your biking experiences with the rest of us!!

14. anna says:

Love the atmosphere in your pictures! Wish I was there too.

15. [...] had to make an unplanned trip home to Omaha last weekend (missed the Cocktail Ride, sadly) and while I was there I managed to find some extra time to stop by a great little bike shop [...]

16. Emily says:

Thanks for organizing Dottie, that was such a good time! And yes, Pete, my bike is back- its a cycle miracle!!

17. Angelo says:

Your 5th photo shows a man on a Humber Sports with a red chain case. His brown bags look like they’d pass for a normal brief case.

Can anyone tell me how they’re attached to the bicycle, or how he set these up (I assume they are normal bags, or are they bicycle specific)?

18. [...] Here’s some of the fabulous photos, including one with Emily and Maria from our label Po Campo (with their Bungee Bag and Rack Tote, of course) and you can just spot Dottie’s Nutcase Star Bright helmet peeking out from her handlebars. You can check out more photos here. [...]

19. Pete says:

It looks like Emily got her bike back. Either that or she’s done an amazing job of recreating a nearly identical bike. Either way it’s nice to get a happy ending to that story.

20. Amanda says:

It was honestly a blast!

Other than my slight snafu of my seat making me sit in the weirdest possible way.

21. Dottie says:

Yes, Emily got her bike back! :)