Happy Monday!

My title is overcompensating for my general hatred of Mondays, but looking at the words tricks myself a little bit. And now, a few quick notes before I leave for work this morning.

I’m fine after my collision last Wednesday, other than bandaged knees, and have been riding as usual. Betty Foy is unscathed, except a small scratch.

The cocktail party ride last night was a success. We had a fun and very chic group, despite the cold winds and, later, some light rain. I’ll post photos tonight after I develop my film.

A new two-wheeled creature is joining the Dottie family this week. I’m very excited, although my garage space is running out. If you can guess the brand in the comments, you win a smiley face.

Have you answered our city bicycling survey yet? I’m going to compile the results soon, so if you haven’t yet, please do.

24 thoughts on “Happy Monday!

1. LC says:

I am thinking… a Brompton? :D x

2. neighbourtease says:

oooh! I was going to guess Brompton, too, but I will choose Abici for variety’s sake. Can’t wait to see. :)

3. Kara says:

I wonder if it is a Pashley. You know it is only a matter of time…

4. Nadia says:

I’m going to randomly choose Public :)

5. I think you’re past due for a bike with drop bars, but it would most definitely be somewhat practical. Surly, perhaps?

6. nicolas says:

Is it a bakfiets is it a bakfiets is it a bakfiets?
    (I guess not, because you wouldn’t have said “brand”)

Something for Mr. Dottie?

7. A Civia? I’m biased because they come from Mpls.

I hope your healing well. I can say that I am from my spill, last week.

8. cycler says:

I’m going to guess Bakfiets, just because if I could add something to my bike shed, that’s what it would be!

9. Cheryl says:

Velo Orange?

My work schedule has coincided most vexingly with all of the posted November events, thus far. Glad the cocktail ride went so well!

10. Oh, how suspenseful! I have no idea what bike it might be! Maybe I haven’t been reading closely enough and missed some hints?

11. Vee says:

exciting! RE: new bike. I couldn’t even begin to guess although I’d be in the Bakfiet or brompton camp to round out the stable.

12. Jennifer says:

Pink Little Black Dress from Sweetpea Bicycles? I’ve been drooling over their new mixte so they’re on my mind. Second guess would be a red Velorbis!

13. philippe says:

A DH bike ?
    A 70’s track bike fitted with aerospokes ?

14. ha, i think it’s a surly bugsley.

15. oops! i meant ‘pugsley’.

16. Sigrid says:

I am thinking a late 90s mountain bike with bar ends and full suspension. Perhaps an electric blue with a flash of bright yellow. It’s time to bring it back in…

17. Dottie says:

Hmmm, fun to read the guesses. ;)

18. SM says:

I’m going to say the Pashley Bliss. The suspense is killing me :)

19. I’m going to say pretty road bike, maybe vintage?
    Can’t wait to see it!

20. Holly says:

I know how fond you were of the Pashley Princess Sovereign at Boulevard. I bet that’s it. If not, it could be the Bikefiet for your trips to Costco. However, I’d like to think the that new bike is vintage because you really should have a vintage bike. I hope it’s a lugged steel road bike!

21. Melanie says:

I don’t have a guess, just wanted to make sure that you ladies saw the Mod Cloth blog today on Pedal Savvy Fashion (I am sure you have, since you are the Cycle Chic queens, but just in case)… http://blog.modcloth.com/2010-11-15-pedal-savvy?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+modclothblog+(ModCloth+Blog)

22. Nuresma says:

I think it’s a Bakfiets? Or maybe a Pashley…?
    Tell us please :P

23. Dottie says:

One of you came very very very close. I don’t want to say until after I actually get it, though, which may not be until the weekend. :)

24. Lynnety says:

My guess is either a Velorbis Scrap Deluxe OR (and I’m voting for this one) a Retrovelo Paula. I have a Paula on the way — it will be here in exactly one week.