Bike theft is no joke, but . . .

I couldn’t help but get a kick out of this entry on the Oddly Specific signs blog.

I’m glad the owner found a way to vent their frustration over the loss of that sweet ride and its skull and lightning bolt flag.

Happy Friday!

Tagged , ,

25 thoughts on “Bike theft is no joke, but . . .

1. nicolas says:

i hope Hu Jintao didn’t steal my bike! I couldn’t get to it last night: I parked it in a zone that was closed off because of Mr Hu’s visit to Paris. If they cut my lock and took it with them I’m gonna be real pissed off!

2. Jim Phillips says:

Ha Ha Ha!! Sometimes having a bike stolen is not all bad. I was given a bike by my parents when I was a teenager (I just turned 60). The bike was stolen because I ran into a store and did not lock it. My Dad, a salesman and truck driver, worked very hard for his money and I was about to find out just how hard. I was told I was going to work with him on his truck all summer to pay for it. Oh my!! We got up each morning before dawn and got back each evening around sunset 6 days a week!! Well, it scared the hell out of me and the first thing I vowed was that I would not work for a living like my Dad. That left becoming a thief, a politician or hitting the books so I could go to college. I chose the latter and ended up spending 27 years in school. I now know, and was able to tell him before his death, how wonderful a Dad he really was and how much I loved him.

best,

Jim

3. Someone stealing my beloved bike is a recurring nightmare of mine. :/

4. dukiebiddle says:

“I hope my bike takes you straight to hell.” Loooove it! Man, I hope a little kid wrote this.

5. Julie says:

Ooh I want to get something that says “If you steal this bike it will most definitely take you straight to hell”

• Trisha says:

That would be a good one. I have a sticker that says, Avoid Serious Injury—Keep Your Hands off My Bike! It was a gift and always makes me laugh.

6. Anonymous says:

fwiw, this poster is far from unique. It was stolen from a t-shirt on threadless.com and has been on the internet for over a year. Let’s give credit where credit’s due.

7. Emily says:

That totally fits with how I feel in my latest blog about my recent loss of bike: http://pocampo.wordpress.com/2010/11/05/saying-goodbye-to-your-bike/

If only I could find some way to retaliate shipping companies!

8. SM says:

Oh my God! This made me laugh so hard I can’t even breathe. Thanks Trisha for giving me a good laugh today…I’m still laughing!

9. BB says:

First giggle for the morning!

10. beany says:

Haha! That is a good find, Trisha. Thanks for ending my Friday on a good note (5 minutes to midnight)

11. maureen says:

WOW…he/she says it all!

12. Pat says:

HI Dottie!

Nice meeting you on the bike path on the way home last night! I love your blog. And your photography.

– Pat

13. Kate says:

My partner’s cruiser was stolen last night. It broke her heart. This flyer is the first thing that made us laugh since she lost her baby. I might need to make copies and put them up all over our town. With permission, of course.

14. What a sign! I didn’t think it possible for another person to surpass my capacity for rage and vindiction but this person just might have. Thank you Trish!

15. Maybe it was the cyclist who was hit and killed, here in Mpls a few weeks ago. It turned out he had stolen the bike a few hours before.

16. Anna Lee says:

The last line cracked me UP!