2-Year Oma Anniversary!

Today while riding Oma home, I started thinking about what a wonderful bike she is and how it must be close to our 2-year anniversary. I knew I got her sometime in October 2008. When I arrived home, I consulted the extensive Trisha-Dottie email archives to pinpoint the exact date: October 18! That is today, my friends.

As I’ve made very clear before, she’s the best bicycle a woman could hope for and has changed my life by making biking so fun and easy.

Don’t tell Ms. O that I almost forgot our anniversary; I’d never hear the end of it. She’s still upset that I ride Betty Foy so much.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 thoughts on “2-Year Oma Anniversary!

1. Cheryl says:

Yay! Happy Omaversary!!

While I’m de-lurking, let me thank you for helping convert me to Dutch bike (and mixte) riding in Chicago. My life is so much better for it in so many ways! You’re truly inspiring and I look forward to your posts every day.

2. Stephan says:

Happy Anniversary! You are both vanguards and gems.

3. Oma looks like she is tempted to eat those flowers : )

You and Oma are an iconic pair. Your pictures and stories have probably had more influence on female cyclists’ fashion choices than all the popular magazines combined.

I have been fickle with my bike affections so far and sold my first bike, a beautiful Pashley, after a year. But I hope to remain as loyal to my current brood as you have been to your Oma and Betty.

Thank you once again for your blog Dottie and Trisha, which is one of the few I read every day. Please keep writing, keep photographing!

4. Sigrid says:

bike loyalty ~ when it happens it is fierce and faithful.

5. Simply Bike says:

This picture is so cute, Dottie! I hope Oma liked her flowers :) Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

6. Trisha says:

Aw. Yay Oma! She’s a gem for sure.

7. Aaron says:

Dottie, I was wondering if you have issues with snow/slush freezing between the wheels and fenders. I commute on a mountain bike with studded tires in bad winter weather, and I got really annoyed over the past couple of years at how the drive train rusts so quickly despite my frequent ministrations (clean and lube with cold-weather-specific chain lube). Your bicycle, with its enclosed drive train and full fenders, looks appealing. But then I realized that the fenders could be an issue. So what has your experience been?

• Dottie says:

Aaron, nope, that has not been a problem. There is so much clearance between my fender and tire, especially in the winter because the studded tires are more narrow than my regular tires.

8. meligrosa says:

congratsssssss. made for each other, classy y elegant :D
    cheers to many, many more years to come Dottie <333

9. Kara says:

Happy Anniversary to the both of you! You two are quite a pair. I can only imagine what the years to come will bring!

10. Nicola says:

That picture is absolutely adorable. I wish you many more Omaversaries to come!

11. Cathy says:

Happy Oma-anniversary!

12. Jeanette says:

Happy anniversary! You look great together!

13. maureen says:

Ohhhh…so sweet! Happy Happy Anniversary!!!

14. Carolyn I. says:

Congratulations Dottie! May there be many many more.

15. Jim Phillips says:

Thanks very much for the 2 year update. Many people are excited About a new purchase but that excitement often wears off quickly. I am very happy to hear you are still so pleased with your Oma. I have ordered a Workcycles Secret Sevice for here in Charleston, SC and I hope I am as happy with my Workcycles bike as you are with yours. Congratulations!!

best,

Jim

16. Jim Phillips says:

May I ask what bicycle lock(s) you use?

best,

Jim

17. nicolas says:

happy anniversary! looks like your saddle’s getting some nice patina.

18. Ron says:

Happy Anniversary! I delight in reading your blog postings.

19. neighbourtease says:

Congratulations, Dottie, and thank you so much for the bike help and support.

20. Samantha says:

Happy Anniversary! I am loving my new Oma so I can totally imagine how happy you are with yours! It’s been three weeks and I can’t imagine how I rode around in Chicago w/out her. Your blog provided me with a lot of great information when I did my research on dutch bikes. Thanks Dottie!

21. Robb says:

Congrats on the birthday! I really got a kick out of your picture offering flowers to your bike – now I know I’m not the only one… Last weekend, I was photographed mock-proposing to my mtn/trail bike of 16 years at the altar of a couple that got married near Rocheport, MO and the Katy Trail, which must have been just minutes after the ceremony ended, cause I shot found the wedding party nearby doing pictures. I snapped a few guerrilla wedding photos of my own :-) I just hope that photo isn’t ever seen by my wife! At least it is on a friend’s camera, not mine. Keep up the great posts!

22. Dave says:

Happy Anniversary! You make a beautiful couple :)

I only hope Greg doesn’t get too jealous!

23. Scott says: