Instant Memories

I thought last weekend would be the final showing of beautiful weather for the year, but this weekend has proven me wrong.  Although not quite as warm, it’s still nice enough to dine al fresco and go without tights.  Here is my day documented with my new camera, a Fuji Instax 210.

Bikes, flowers, carrot spice pancakes, changing leaves – I couldn’t ask for more.

I love instant photography. Holding the picture immediately makes the experience start to feel like a memory already, while also helping me appreciate special moments in time. Sort of like blogging. And a quick look at the same weekend from last year shows how lucky I am now: the weather was already in the 30’s and 40’s fahrenheit. Fall 2010 has been much kinder (knock on wood).

11 thoughts on “Instant Memories

1. Maggie says:

How fun! And beautiful pictures too…

2. Sox says:

That is a cool camera. The pictures of your day are lovely.
    Does it store images digitally as well, or do you have to scan them for your blog?
    We are having wonderfully warm weather here as well. This can last all winter as far as I am concerned.

• Dottie says:

That would be an interesting concept! Some company needs to make a camera like that. But no, there is only an instant film image, which I then scanned to post here.

3. Sanjay says:

Very nice pictures. Have started cycling recently too. Realized that you see so much more on a bicycle so bought a handlebarbag and a camera.

Friends think the photographs are good but all I am doing is capturing on camera who is already captured by the eye.

All the very best to you.

Cheers.

4. Steve A says:

It’s so nice out, I think I’ll go ride a bike myself!

5. meligrosa says:

that purple dress is very cute =) here in SF we went from a 85°few days of our ‘hot days’ of indian summer – to a crisp 50° this weekend. I was happy =)
    Love the fotos of the flowers, very autumnish!! <333

6. Ooooh I want that camera!….

7. maureen says:

It looks like you will have a lot of fun with your new camera! Your dress is adorable, enjoy the cool weather!

8. We’ve had two beautiful fall biking weekends here in St. Louis, too! I’m enjoying every minute I get to spend on my bike :)

9. Elisa M says:

I have a polaroid and am saving the last few photos, but this is inspiring me to get out and take photos. They look beautiful.

10. Judi S. says:

I love my Fuji Instax 210! I’m glad to see more people have them, your pictures are a lovely vision of Fall in Chicago.