Bicycling in France

Remember when Trisha and I were gone to France for two weeks? You may be wondering if and when we’ll write about our adventures. Trust me, we will! I have not yet summoned the time and energy to tackle the task, but eventually we’ll highlight three bicycling adventures: biking the Wine Road in Alsace, renting bikes to tour Versailles, and riding Velib around Paris. Here’s another sneak preview: me and Trisha riding bikes on the grounds of Versailles.

Me and Trisha at the Grand Trianon in Versailles

Trisha will be visiting me in Chicago this weekend (yay!) and we’ll soon have even more bicycling adventures together. And I still need to write about my thoughts on bicycling in NYC. Thanks for standing by. :)

Tagged , , , ,

12 thoughts on “Bicycling in France

1. John-Henry says:

Great photo! Looks like you two had lots of fun. Was this your first time with a bike share program?

2. Nicolas says:

You know, I’m a Parisian and I’d never toured Versailles on a bike until a month ago. It’s so great! Some of the awesomer parts (the Marie-Antoinette fake village most notably) is understandably closed to bikes, but man, going around the grand canal ruuuuules (see: http://bit.ly/9EdFuC)
    Can’t wait to hear about your rides in my city.

3. Trisha says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one with writers’ block when it comes to this. :) We can do it!!

4. Kara says:

Next time I got to Europe, I am going to see on the back of a bike. Love this!

5. welshcyclist says:

Those frenchmen must have been driven to distraction seeing you two girls cycle by. I hear driving standards in France are a bit, shall we say, frantic. How do they react to cyclists?

6. Jeanette says:

In many places in Europe, you can be a tourist-by-bicycle by taking the train to your destination town and renting a bicycle at the station. I did this in The Netherlands — it’s a great way to travel.

Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures and impressions!

7. Simply Bike says:

You both look so chic! This blog is turning into such a cliffhanger! ;) Can’t wait to read more but I totally understand why it’s taking a while to put it all together. After a big trip, I often feel that way with photos and post trip reports. Whenever it comes on the site, we’ll be glad to get to share in on your adventures with you. Have a great weekend together, you two!

S.

8. meligrosa says:

sooo much fun —thanks for sharing the photos from your vacation with us all
    kisses +besos :D
    ♥xxo.m

9. beany says:

Lovely photos as always. Hope you and Trisha have a great time today. Happy Birthday, Dottie!

10. maureen says:

Can’t wait to read all about it, thanks for letting us share your adventures!