Seventies light

Life has come between me and long blog posts, but these photos sum up my evening rides home better than words anyway. As the days get shorter and my workdays get longer, the ride home takes place in what I like to call “Seventies light”—because snaps from that era often seem to include the same preternaturally bright greens and golds that spring to life in the early stages of the sunset.

How’s the scenery on your commute these days?

Tagged , ,

12 thoughts on “Seventies light

1. Veronica says:

I’d like to know what the orange sticker on your rear fender says/shows. Can we get a close up to ease my curiosity?

2. Tinker says:

Look like someone using a baseball bat on a bicyclist, but not enough detail to make the lettering clear. I got no clue.

3. Sungsu says:

Anyone who uses the word “preternaturally” gets a thumbs up in my book.

4. LC says:

loving the photos! we’ve had a month of August of non stop rain, but as I worked crazy hours (I would not recommend such life!) I enjoyed the experience of riding my bike back home at 3am, incredibly quiet and peaceful and felt very safe too!

I am looking forward to September as it is usually a good month, with warm colours and that unique smell in the air that tells us autumn is on its way! :D

• Trisha says:

Working until 3am? Definitely crazier hours than mine! Hope things will calm down for you soon, and you’ll be able to enjoy September. It’s one of my favorite months, too.

5. Tinker says:

Trisha, have you ever seen Irfanview, a sort of universal photo converter/editor/touchup tool? You can make EVERY photo a 1970s style photo, with a golden glow to the scene, and even emphasize the greens. Absolutely simple to do.

It can also change JPGs to PNGs, PNGs to JPEGs, edit GIFs (even animated gifs) and all that kind of thing.

Or you can turn it into a Sepia-tone photo with a single click. Free download, Pro Quality editor, might be of interest to you and Dottie both in making photos ready for your blog. (I use it regularly to resize photos, create wallpapers, convert file formats from BMPs to more space saving JPGs.) Any use you might turn your mind to, as long as it is a photo file of some sort.

Just an idea, I have sort of gotten into retouching photos, now that I can.

6. Simply Bike says:

Love the lighting, beautiful!

And I was also curious about that rear bumper sticker, as I see others have already asked about :)

7. Frank B says:

Stage Lighting
    Love riding bikes when I’m not climbing truss.