Friday Unwinding

This morning I almost took public transit instead of riding my bike, as the news predicted a sweltering 90 degree day with thunderstorms. I decided to ride anyway. By the afternoon, the official thunderstorm watch was the talk of the office, with heavy rain and lightening strikes predicted…any minute… But the rain never happened. So after work I rode my bike a couple of miles as planned to meet up with Sarah, Don and Mr. Dottie at The Publican for dinner.

After a delicious and very interesting meal, we walked the 1.5 miles back to their hotel, stopping to take random photos, of course.

I have no idea what we were talking about in this last photo, but I was obviously amused.

After leaving Sarah and Don at their hotel, we rode the 7 miles home via the Lakefront Trail. The night ride was a perfect way to wind down after a long week of crowded streets and hot sun. TGIF.

I find that switching up my commute at the end of the week is a good way to unwind and usually I have the opportunity to do so after going out with friends. How do you unwind to leave your weekday riding behind?

Tagged , , , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Friday Unwinding

1. miss sarah says:

I have no idea what I’m doing in that last photo either! No recollection.

And I like how pretty your camera makes me look in the first photo. There is a problem I often have in photos because I wear a lot of strapless dresses… I almost look naked :) Woot!

• Dottie says:

You bring the pretty, my camera merely captures it :) And I just totally stole the picture you posted of me and Greg. Danke. This simultaneous posting is fun.

See you tomorrow!

• miss sarah says:

Oh it’s good that I am busy editing photos and blogging. I’m sure you can guess was Don is doing. Two things: Wikipedia. Frank Lloyd Wright.

Somebody is obsessed…

2. I love that you girls are like bike-blog-sistas!! So cute! I want one! :)

3. Gina says:

She looks nekked in that one pic at the table. I scrolled down and saw it was a strapless sun dressy, very pretty! LOL

4. BB says:

My last shift for the week is Saturday night. So, Sunday morning I opt out of one train and cycle to the city instead. Fringing lakes and cafe strips, with a bike path the whole way, the ride and a coffee hit give me just the right relaxed mind-set to start my break. Then I pick up my connecting train in the city and home to bed.

5. Amy says:

I thought she was topless too! I was thinking “Wow! What kind of restaurant is this?” I’ve been in the hills too long. Need to get back to a city. :)

I switched up my commute on the way to work yesterday and was disappointed. It ended up being much hillier with more traffic, yet somehow faster. So I unwound by taking my usual route home.

6. seejenbike says:

On Fridays I like to meet up with friends for happy hour, and riding home as the sun sets is the perfect way to relax and start the weekend.

7. Karen says:

I really enjoy reading these post about blogger meet ups. While there is certainly a lot written about how the Internet has isolated us from human interaction, I think this post and others you have written about your meetings with our fellow bloggers challenges that notion. You and Miss Sarah look like old friends.

8. Tinker says:

Since I am retired now, I don’t find it necessary to relax on Friday after a long week of working for my crust of cheese and stale bread. I can relax at any time, in fact I have no set routine at all.

That first shot was, ahh, striking, to say the least. I stopped and examined it, saw the fragment of dress, and decided it was all a put up job. Verdict? Cute, very cute.

Just wondered, were there any sinners present at the Publican, when you were there? (I was lead to believe that publicans and sinners flocked together, when I was a child.)

9. Doug says:

My weekday ride IS the way I unwind. I almost always take the long way home. The “long way” translates to anywhere from 2-20 extra miles.

10. maureen says:

Nothing to share about unwinding, however I have to mention how I love the way you captured the mood of the evening in everyone’s expressions and the scenery shots! Fabulous! TFS!

11. Hey, you’re wearing a dotty dress, Dottie! : )

12. Clare says:

Looks like a wonderful evening! I’ve been meaning to go to the Publican for a long time now.