Gonna ride my bike until I get home

This afternoon I discovered  “Bicycle Song,” a little ditty from Mark Ronson that feels perfect for a Friday. I’m digging the kitchy retro sound and the rap at about 2:20: “Don’t you wanna take a joy ride on my tandem?” (Via)

Happy weekend to one and all! Off now to pack to meet up with Dottie in NYC…

Tagged ,

11 thoughts on “Gonna ride my bike until I get home

1. Melanie says:

I’m not sure if you have heard of the Bixi (bike taxi) public bike share system in Montreal, but there is a wicked rap about it called The Bixi Anthem – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGzBOmOD_Tw It’s pretty hilarious (and catchy).

2. Miss Sarah says:

Don’t even say “NYC” to me!

SO JEALOUS.

I know you guys will be slammed with fun things to do, but I would highly recommend Chelsea Market/Co. Pizza/The Highline (all in the sameish ‘hood).

Also, hit the TopShop in Soho. The shoe section and petite selection are particularly noteworthy.

S*

3. Coreen says:

Nice!

I’m up late making a mixtape and was just thinking “I need a cool bicycle song to round this out” and, surprise, here it is!

Much gratitude for spreading the sweetness!

4. Simply Bike says:

What a fun song, I love it!

And great panda, I love the scarf on the handlebars. Have a lovely NY weekend!

5. welshcyclist says:

Same to you and have a great weekend.

6. Come visit us at Adeline Adeline in nyc- 147 Reade Street
    I love your blog : )

7. Marion says:

Speaking of a ‘bicycling rap’… This is an ‘Amsterdam loves bikes’ rap.

It’s in Dutch of course, but it has a translation/subtitles (which is a bit naf here and there, but it had to rhyme :-)

Couldn’t get the beat out of my head for days…