Easy Summer Commute

I took the Lakefront Trail on the way home, stopping to snap some pics with my little point-and-shoot. Feels like a long time since I enjoyed an easy summer commute on the Lakefront Trail.

Ah, can you feel the sunshine and the lake breeze? That, my friends, is the good life and it’s totally free.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 thoughts on “Easy Summer Commute

1. E A says:

Love that last photo…. :-) great color and all.

Agreed. A bike ride = “the good life and it’s totally free” especially when shared with a friend.

2. bongobike says:

You got it! It’s the little free things in life that are the most enjoyable. :)

3. Dave says:

The best things in life…

I agree, a nice cool breeze off the water on a hot day, one of life’s great joys.

4. cb says:

what a great ride! i love riding next to water…something about it is so calming…the pictures of the boats is great! wish my commute home was this beautiful :)

xo,
    cb

5. Steven Vance says:

Great final picture! I went sailing tonight for the first time on Lake Michigan!

6. Nice pictures! here, in paris, we don’t have any lake to feel any breeze, but I can tell you that crossing the Seine river in the early morning, without the rush of too many cars is quite a fine moment… And also (but it was holidays time now over), the long and patient climbing of some high pass in the extremely beautiful austrian Tyrol mountains are great moment in a cyclist life.

7. You look very sporty in that skirt, but in a 1960s sort of way – interesting look. Are those the famous Keen sandals, or something different?

8. Cherilyn says:

The benefits of sunshine and fresh air cannot be underestimated.

9. Dottie says:

Oooh, I’m jealous. Sailing sounds like so much fun!

10. Joel says:

After such a miserable week or two of hot weather, it was wonderful riding yesterday.

11. welshcyclist says:

I’m so envious of that lakeside path that is part of your commute, plus the weather, and you have bicyclists’ nirvana. On my commute here in Wales, I can cycle along the seashore, I’ll be doing that in the morning, but I’ll have to make do with the sounds rather than the view, because it will still be dark as I ride along.

12. Alan@EcoVelo says:

Lovely photos and a lovely setting! Makes you want to be there…

13. Vee says:

I was thinking the same thing.

14. Dottie says:

These are my grubby hot weather commuting clothes. The shoes aren’t my Keens, just really comfortable sneakers by easyspirit. They come in handy during the workday, too – I throw them on to walk to court or wander around during my lunch break. I hate wearing heels all day.

15. ah, the flexed gastrocnemius of someone who has been regularly riding:) All of us here have good cause to show off our legs.

16. Dottie says:

Cycling in the Austrian mountains sounds like the good life :)

17. maureen says:

Absolutely beautiful photos, TFS!

18. Dottie says:

Absolutely! And Sunday felt like the best day ever. 90 degree days are getting really old.

19. Dottie says:

I would be so paranoid of accidentally cycling into the water if I rode in the dark. Although I guess it’s different for me – along much of my route, there’s no beach, and I could fall off the concrete ledge into Lake Michigan quite easily :)

20. Dottie says:

Thanks, Alan!

21. Dottie says:

Oh, those old things? Those are just resting ;)

22. Dave says:

Dottie,

I am happy to say that I rode the lakefront path on this past Sunday, what a day. I was visiting from Denver and I always try to ride in the city when in town. We are becoming a better and better city to ride in daily and recently started a large bike sharing system.

Thanks for your great blog.