Trisha Sighting!

I read on Twitter that @cottenmusic saw Trisha ride by their Nashville store Friday and snapped this great pic. Yes, she always looks so effortlessly chic.

Trisha in the wild

Note how her silver heels match her silver PoCampo rack bag. That’s class, people. :)

{p.s. Follow LGRAB on Twitter!}

Tagged , , , , ,

27 thoughts on “Trisha Sighting!

1. Kara says:

This is so awesome! Trisha is so chic in her natural habitat.

2. Ha, she does look effortlessly chic! – not to mention super futuristic on that crazy bicycle and with those silver accessories : ))

3. Green Fleet says:

haha! I was also witness to this effortless display of style. I was camping out at a light on my way downtown when across the street glided Trisha – smooth city cycling … cotten grabbed a great pic.

4. spacemodular says:

What kind of crazy futuristic folding bike is that?

It isn’t a Brompton, nor Dahon, Birdy, Bike Friday or what?

5. Jen says:

cute! but where’s her helmet? :)

• dukiebiddle says:

That’ll cost you one internet demerit.

• Mr colostomy says:

She’s not a dude

• Trisha says:

I don’t always wear it for my commute. I am, however, sporting my “safety orange” dress. Extra visibility!

• Mr colostomy says:

I’m not here to pass judgement on anyone else’s choice of helmet/no helmet, clothing, bike etc. Personally I decided to ditch the helmet and high-visibility gear because I feel it validates inattentive driving, putting the responsibility on me to dress up in fluorescents and a hat of dubious benefit, rather than on the driver of the vehicle weighing several tonnes. Its awful how many times I see the phrase “who was not wearing a helmet” in stories about victims of negligent driving, as if not wearing a helmet is some kind of contributory negligence. They never mention the helmet if they were wearing one.

After I stopped with the helmet I found research suggesting that drivers make more dangerous overtakes when they see a helmetted rider, and looking back I can remember that happening when I wore the helmet. I also found research about how helmets are generally tested in manner not resembling a real crash, and that they can make matters quite a bit worse for more serious head injuries.

Finally, when I breeze past the motorists on my lovely DL-1 dressed in casual clothes, I hope that it might inspire some of them to try, by making it look as easy as it can be. Just hop on and ride.

• dukiebiddle says:

I’ve noticed in the past year or so that the media has been stepping away from the helmet/helmetless acknowledgment in their articles about bicycle/motor vehicle collisions. You definitely still see it in articles written in more bicycle hostile environments in the sun belt, but in the more northerly press I’ve read many collision articles in the past year that didn’t even mentioned helmets.

• Mr colostomy says:

Its nice to see a stepping away from the “blame the victim” culture. The mainstream press isn’t getting a lot better here in the UK yet, but they keep getting hassled when they do print such inflammatory stuff so they may yet learn.

6. dreamlet says:

How cute is that? I always thought gold accessories were super chic but Trisha has me thinking maybe silver is the way to go!

7. redbike says:

did the guys in the 4wds wolf whistle? :)

8. Haa haa!!

This is the most truthful and divinest ‘LGRaB’ display, if I’ve ever seen one!!

That bike is something!

P.S. — I bet those cars in the background didn’t even NEED to stop…when you look THAT cool, cars WANNA stop!! :P

Haa haa!

9. neighbourtease says:

That bike is a total robot friend. He is hilarious.

You look so, so cute, Trisha. I don’t imagine there are a lot of girls in dresses on bicycles in Nashville. Too bad!

10. Simply Bike says:

I love it! That’s pure awesomeness, Trisha!

(I also love the contrast of you looking super stylish and gorgeous on your cool bike in front of those big SUVs – I’d take your mode of transportation over theirs any day.)

11. LC says:

Trisha you look fab! And I too love the contrast with those two SUV in the background… when you see a chic, classy lady on a cool bike why on earth would you want lock yourself in a four wheel cavern???? ;) just saying… everyone is free to choose whatever, I choose my Pashley :D

• Trisha says:

@S and @LC, so true. I feel lucky that I have the choice of riding my bike, since I live close enough to my job to make it possible. Although this particular day (and most since) it has been oppressively humid…still, being able to MOVE after spending all day at a desk is worth a little sweat. :)

12. Jennie says:

I love the picture Trish!

13. Karen says:

I love the bike, the dress and the bag.

I am on and off the helmet. I pedal cautiously and keep aware of my surroundings. If the traffic seems to warrent I put on the helmet but I somehow managed to make it through childhood without one . . . .