Keeping Cool

Riding 5 miles in 80+ degree temperatures does not have to be miserable. Take the opportunity to kick back and relax, keeping cool while keeping your cool. Everyone else can rush rush rush, but you’re too smart for that.

After my Friday work commute

That’s how I roll :)

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 thoughts on “Keeping Cool

1. Amy says:

Exactly! Now if only it could always be about 80 (with low humidity) and a nice breeze. :)

2. LC says:

absolutely :D when it’s hot there’s no better way than cycling to keeping cool, nice and slowly you develop just enough breeze to cool down… I wouldn’t trade it with walking or driving and def wouldn’t want to be stuck in a hot and smelly bus/train/metro ;) x

3. I love your dress – that goes a long way to keeping you looking fresh (lovely)!

Cheers,
    Laura

4. Zweiradler says:

We had up to 95 °F the last two days. Unfortunately it is impossible for me to keep cool at such temperatures.
    Many people seem to enjoy the heat, but I can’t. :)

Nico

5. Dave says:

It’s supposed to hit the nineties in Portland this week, so I’m mentally preparing. I think the existence of many coffee shops and pubs is not only useful for the rain :) Can be really nice to stop for a drink and cool off too. Here comes summer! :)

6. maria says:

Every time I come back to the heartland I’m in awe of all you folks who bike regularly in humid climates. Hat’s off!!

7. Karen says:

A few good sundresses don’t hurt, do they. I like your dress. Recently I purchased 3 sundresses from Pategonia, which I wear with one of my many inexpensive but very nice cable cardigans from Target. I’ve lived in them all week, including on the bike. I wear a pair of light weight running shorts underneath for modesties sake when riding, all the while imagining myself pedaling in the French countryside surrounded by lavendar.

8. Step-Through says:

80s? We’re having a cold snap in Atlanta – it’s only getting to the upper 80s.

9. Eryn says:

The past couple weeks we’ve had some really humid, mid-90s days in DC, and even getting to work in the morning (mostly downhill for me) is really hot and “ugh”-inducing. Taking an extra 5 minutes and reminding myself to take it slow – don’t race my fellow riders, don’t try to beat the next light, etc. – is the only way I can show up to work looking presentable. Plus, feeling relaxed and refreshed is a great way to start the work day! :)

10. Renae says:

Can I ask where your dress is from? I just love it!
    I’m looking forward to summer here so I can wear pretty dresses again.

11. George says:

wow, you look ‘cool’ as well..wouldn’t think its boiling the way your dressed. I don’t get it though, you seem as if you haven’t broken a sweat. I get wet in those temps just by standing outside.

Good job

• Dottie says:

Ha, I’m actually sweating quite a lot. I’m a sweat-er. Putting my hair in a bun helps me look fresh, plus having a built-in slip on my dress. The slip soaks up the sweat spots before they tarnish my dress :)