On May 17, the cycling event of the summer begins. It’s fun, friendly and features amazing prizes from some of the best cycling brands out there — including the grand prize of a Batavus BuB from 4th Floor Distribution. (See the full prize list here.)
How to play, you ask?
It’s easy. There are three main categories, and six events in each category. Complete events in each category over a three week period, and tell us about it via blog post link or email, plus photo addition to our Summer Games Flickr Pool. Entries must include a story and a photo of each event you complete. If you enter via a post on your own blog, please link to this announcement in your entry, include one of our badges and let us know via email.
Anyone who completes at least two events in each of the three categories will be entered to win the Batavus BuB by random drawing. We’re also giving away prizes as readers complete each category.
- Go on a group ride
- Leave a nice note on a bike, or say hi to a cyclist at a red light
- Schedule a bike date with a friend or partner — dress up!
- Recruit a non-biking friend for a ride
- Ride with your family
- Perform a maintenance task — big or small!
- Decorate your bike
- Read a book about cycling
- Carry a load on your bike — groceries, etc.
- Test ride a different type of bike than you normally ride
- Ride a greenway
- Have a bicycle picnic
- If you don’t normally ride to work, commute by bike, or by bike/train or bike/bus
- If you do commute, take the long way home: add distance to your usual ride
- Explore a new part of town by bike
We will be completing every event ourselves and sharing our adventures here, of course.
A huge thank you to all of the companies that donated prizes! Click on the images below to visit their websites. This is all for you, loyal readers and fellow bike lovers.
Most of the prizes are available internationally, so everyone is welcome to participate.
If you have a blog and would like to display a badge linking your readers to this announcement, we will include you in a list of all participating blogs on our sidebar.
Be sure to visit us on Monday for more prize details and the official start of the games!
Who’s in? ;)
ETA: Badges, which should be linked to this post (we’ll update it with links to category posts as they occur) can be snagged below the fold.