Serendipity

Today I had a serendipitous meeting with Kara of Knitting Lemonade. We regularly read each others’ blogs, but have never met. I was at Dutch Bike Chicago to have Oma’s winter tires swapped out when she came up said, “Are you Dottie?” Yes! I am! How absolutely fun. Kara is visiting Chicago from Salt Lake City for a girls’ weekend and they just happened to stop in while in the area.

She is quite a fan of bikes, having three herself, including a lovely Pashley Princess. Out of her group of friends, only Kara rides a bike. They liked the Dutch bikes, though. Maybe one or two will pick up Kara’s influence.

Great to meet you, Kara! I hope you enjoy Chicago (and the Po Campo bag you bought) as much as I do.

Isn’t this bicycle community of ours pretty amazing? I think so!

{Update: see Kara’s post on the meeting here. :)}

Tagged , , ,

11 thoughts on “Serendipity

1. David says:

The bicycle community is something. But the blogosphere is pretty amazing as well. As you are all kind of connected, it’s almost no surpise that you would run into each other.

I’m going to have to check out that shop sometime.

You know, swapping out tires is a pretty quick and painless activity that only requires a couple of tire levers.

But doesn’t hurt to take it to a shop and have them look over everything and adjust as needed.

• Dottie says:

You should definitely check out the shop. Great bikes and people.

Changing my Oma’s tire is more complicated than that due to the party going on in the rear (chain case, etc.). I have no desire to mess with that kind of stuff.

2. Oh, how wonderful – I am a fan of Kara’s craft, as she knows!
    Hi Kara : )

Last weekend I bumped into “Suburban Bike Mama” in one of our local bike shops, and it was a pleasant surprise as well!

3. jane says:

Ohh how fun, I love Kara’s blog, it’s one of my favourites! :) Happy trip to Chicago, Kara!!

4. Kara says:

It was fate! I can say running into you and Mr. Dottie was a highlight of an already amazing trip. Thanks for the bike chat. As a newbie to it all, I love to pick the brains of bicycle peeps!

And I love my Po Campo bag. I know it is going to look smashing on my Pashley.

5. Sigrid says:

how fun! hi kara!!! :) yes, dottie, the community is what it is all about.

d.o.t. ~ glad to see it wasn’t snowing for Kara’s visit. :p

6. anna hell says:

Aww, thanks for mentioning her blog again, Dottie! I started reading through her blog the last time you mentioned it. I really liked it, but lost the link somehow.

7. Trisha says:

Oh, so cool! Hi Kara! Fun times at the Dutch Bicycle Co. :)

8. Kara says:

Hi back to everyone! I feel myself lucky to be in your company in this great bicycle community of ours. Happy riding!

9. Allie says:

Cool! I had never heard of this shop also being in Seattle, and it turns out it’s right near my house! I’ve been looking for a bike basket! thanks!