First Bud of Spring

I’ve been on the lookout for the first bud of spring. Recently, I started seeing plants pushing through, but nothing more. I gazed longingly at ecovelo’s poppies. Today, I finally saw the first Chicago bloom! (And I’m feeling better – thank you!)

I plan to write a retrospective on winter soon, but for now I’m savoring the spring. Any other flowers out there?

Tagged , ,

10 thoughts on “First Bud of Spring

1. Melissa S. says:

Glad you found a flower! I’m still looking for you. No luck yet. :-(

2. anna hell says:

Believe me, I would love to embrace the joy of Spring, but we’re having a bit more snow in Denver at the moment. Hopefully it will miss Chicago.

3. Todd V says:

Dottie, how about an entry about the fantastic camera you must be using?

4. Cherilyn says:

A few brave pansies are poking their wee heads out of the earth here!

5. Dottie says:

@Todd – My camera says, “Danke!” She is a Nikon D3000 with a 35mm 1.8f lens.

6. Dottie says:

@Melissa – Thanks! Text me when you find one :)

7. Coreen says:

Sigh, still snowing here. But we’re on the edge of drought, so more snow now means more flowers later :-)

8. Plants are starting to come up in my yard, but no flowers yet. That little yellow bloom is so pretty! I can’t wait!

9. Catherine says:

Cherry blossoms as far as the eye can see! (Well, mostly cherry blossom buds for now). And as my luck would have it (good and bad), my route takes me by the Jefferson Memorial, which is Ground Zero for cherry blossoms (they’re the “famous” cherry trees there, and the epicenter for the Cherry Blossom festival).

The good? It’s beautiful.

The bad? Tourists. Millions upon millions of them. On the sidewalks that pull double duty as sidewalks and official bike route to get to my river crossing.

Regardless, when the blossoms reach their peak, I’ll take some photos!

10. Zweiradler says:

Lots of flowers here! Obviously I should take some photos, too. :)

Nico