Today’s Beauty

Today is a beautiful day. Not only because it looks like this…

Also because the most beautiful, kindest, awesomest person was born today – 30 years ago! – my sister, Stephanie.

What made your day beautiful?

Tagged , , , , , , ,

19 thoughts on “Today’s Beauty

1. Dave says:

Kielbasa and homemade sauerkraut braised in homemade chicken stock with caraway rye bread and a good doppelbock :) My tummy is happy!

2. Dottie says:

@Dave – Yum!!

3. Elisa M says:

The sun coming out and warming me just a bit on a COLD windy ride.

Great photo, btw. You can rock red lipstick like not many can. I am jealous!

4. John Nelson says:

My 17 year old rag doll cat, Puck, always makes my days beautiful…even when he insists on making my nights un-restful.

Happy Birthday! Three Oh that was a good one.

5. Tinker says:

66 degrees, fondly Farenheit!

6. Sunshine. Desperately needed sunshine.

7. Dottie says:

@John Nelson – I have a rag doll cat, too! We found him in our backyard when he was only 5 weeks old, so we don’t know his full history. He is not purebred (vet said he has siamese eyes) but he looks and acts just as they say rag dolls should.

8. darren says:

when my 6 year old daughter writes me a “i love you dad” note and sneaks it into my bike bag! she’s a darling! she does this every now and then.

9. It’s so nice that your guys are close! And you look both alike and not alike at the same time!

What made my day, hm… today nothing so far. But hopefully this will change. At least I am leaving the office to get coffee soon!

10. Dave says:

…and today, it’s that it’s looking likely that I’ll become an uncle for the second time :)

11. E A says:

Happy B-day to your sis!

Today = sunnier than yesterday = awesome! :-) Plus – high above 40-degrees today. Yay.

12. Sungsu says:

Seeing the joy in my 6-year-old daughter’s eyes as she rode her own bike, instead of the trail-a-bike, to school for the first time since fall.

13. Melissa S. says:

What a beautiful picture! You are beautiful as well, Dot!

14. bicyclemamy says:

Lets see:

-Roasted broccoli & tomatoes(from my garden)in a homemade garlic sauce.
    -My ride home today was completely peaceful and beautifully sunny.
    -buying sweet delicious oranges 12/$3 from a street vendor in my “hood.”

It is a great day!

15. I don’t know how I stumbled across your blog…but I’m in Nashville, too, and an avid bike rider. So glad to have found you!!!

16. John Nelson says:

I know this is a bike blog but…Dottie you’re lucky to have a rag doll drop into your life. Everything you’ve been told is true. There are also a couple girl tabbies in the house. I refer to them as cats. But the rag dolls are “the boys” or “my boys”. Could be a boy vs girl thing but I’m pretty sure it’s a rag doll vs OC (other cats)thing. I lost one of the boys to cancer last year. Here’s the post on my blog about him: http://johnnelsonphotographer.com/blog/?p=103

17. Dottie says:

All – thanks for sharing your day’s beauty with us! So fun to read about.

@rebekka – Welcome to our blog! You and Trisha should get together :)

@John Nelson – Yes, we love our little (big) rag doll. He is 5.5 years old now. The story and pictures of your boys are so sweet.

18. Man says:

What made your day beautiful?
    Actually this post just did :)

19. Catherine says:

Ack, too bad I’m getting to this so late. I’ll share anyway :). This day in question I got a goodnight kiss on my doorstep from a gentlemanly Marine who walked me and my bike home after a very long, very nice conversation about all manner of things. It was very sweet, unexpected (it was Wednesday, after all!) and a nice change from the “drunken sailor” routine so common ’round these parts.