Guitar Bike: These boots are made for biking

The weather is warm enough to wear fun boots instead of snow boots. Riding home from guitar class, I sang in my head the song we played, with a twist: “These boots are made for biking, and that’s just what they’ll do, one of these days the boots are gonna bike all over you.”

“Are you ready boots?  Start bikin’!”

I know I am a geek :)

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Guitar Bike: These boots are made for biking

1. Tinker says:

Nancy Sinatra, a real classic, but you can’t know how little grasp of “oldies” the younger generation has, and thus miss the entire point…

Nancy Sinatra/Lee Greenwood? Not out on CD, I guess, and its WAY expensive on vinyl. You could sing/play and release it as an MP3, for people to download.

2. Christa says:

Nice connection. Quite memorable!

3. Cherilyn says:

Geeks rule. Keep on geekin’!

4. Trisha says:

I love it! And the boots. Adorable dress and your hair looks so pretty in the back.

5. Amy says:

I do like how the boots look with your dress. Too bad we have so much slush today and we’re back to winter footwear. I think I will have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day…

6. Catherine says:

Oh, I’m cold just looking at you. Please tell me you at least hit the 50s that day! (I’m actually not that big a wimp about the cold generally–just like to be toasty on the bike, particularly because I’m usually going pretty far).

7. Dottie says:

@Catherine – Well, almost, kinda. 35 degrees. Then the temps dropped and it snowed 4 inches. Thanks, Chicago Winter!

8. Dottie says:

@Amy – Yes, it’s back to the slushy grind.

9. Dottie says:

@Tinker – No one would want to hear that! I’ll bet you could find it on iTunes, though :) They seem to have everything nowadays.

@Cherilyn – Heck, yeah! I like that phrase and would be tempted to put it on a t-shirt, but I have a vague idea that “geekin'” has something to do with speed freaks or some such bad thing? Not sure, lol.

10. delores says:

where did you get your guitar case with the nice 2-straps to hold it on?! Mine only has one….I tried to read from the photo but couldn’t quite make it out.
    Thanks!

11. Dottie says:

Hi Delores – I bought my guitar case from Chicago Music Exchange. The price was very reasonable – under $30, I think.

12. Absolutely fabulous! Where geeks go, others follow.

13. Nipper says:

Hi Dottie,
    Great photos! Do you play ukulele as well as guitar? It is a great instrument for the bicycle due to it’s compact size. I am also in the process of putting a little saddlebag songbook together, I will email you a copy when it’s done.

Best