Photographic evidence

As an addendum to the last post. My fellow Southerners will  understand how extreme a statement it is when I say that I am not even surprised anymore to look out the window and see this:

What a winter. At least the sun is out and melting the ice! It might be a bike day after all.

7 thoughts on “Photographic evidence

1. dukiebiddle says:

What a winter indeed. We’ve received 52 inches of snow in the past two weeks (80″ for the season, =O) and I’m kind of technically in the South too. I’m trying to make the best of it and get in as much snow riding as I can, more for fun than absolute need, because it’ll probably be a couple of years before I see measurable snow again.

2. The streets are clear. Go for it! ;)

3. Catherine says:

I second dukiebiddle (I’m ever so slightly farther South than he). My town got 41 point something inches in those same two weeks (the official totals for Alexandria finally came out in our local paper). What a whopper of a winter–all around. I still have a hard time grasping it as reality!

My bikes have been indoors for most of the past two weeks–I took one out for errands/scooting around town on Saturday, Monday and today (today just to get to Metro, to get to work for the first time since Feb 4). I probably won’t be riding to work until late March/early April because the bike paths aren’t plowed and there’s no other way to cross the river via bike.

Even so, it’s been beyond a blast!

4. Dottie says:

Must feel like a holiday in Nashville. I think it’s kinda sad that I never see snowmen in Chicago, but Southerners happily scrape together one inch of snow to make them.

5. katie says:

Yup, still chilly, but great day to ride with the sun finally out! Just bundle up and enjoy

6. simpledaisy says:

Oh how I wish I could ride my bike!!!
    Soon…hopefully…soon:)

7. RDW says:

Those of up here in the frozen north feel your pain. I’ve gotten to ride my bike twice since Christmas and both of those days the temp was below freezing. Aaaarrggghhhh!