More Visible: Neon or Bunnies?

Some bicyclists never leave home without their neon, like this guy below.  Not a bad idea.

Other bicyclists get noticed by wearing stuffed bunnies atop their helmets.  Naturally.

If you or someone you know rides an Oma in Chicago while wearing a Bern helmet topped with a pink bunny and streamers (YES!  you read that right) please contact me.  Mr. Dottie spotted this woman yesterday, obviously someone I need to have a drink with.

Tagged ,

11 thoughts on “More Visible: Neon or Bunnies?

1. 2whls3spds says:

I vote for the bunnies :-D

I have an aquaintance who rides in the PDX (Portland, OR) she has pink bunny ears on her helmet and in the colder weather wears pink bunny mittens. Her comment: “yes you can take the lane while wearing bunny ears!” LOL

Love the concept.

Aaron

2. Emma J says:

I think it’s the streamers that make the difference.

Here’s another question: what is it about riding an Oma that makes the old helmet seem WRONG?

I’ve, somewhat suddenly and still in some surprise, become an Oma rider and I can’t shake the feeling that she really would prefer I’d get a better helmet – if I must wear a helmet at all – though she’s too much a lady to say anthing about it.

3. Bunnies! What’s not to like? I am curious about this woman too.

4. Lorenza says:

Riding Pashley I get the same feeling, part of me feels silly for wanting another helmet more elegant simply to go with Pash, part of me feels that I just need to save money and go for it eheh! I think the latter will win ; )

5. Step-Through says:

Sometimes it’s just nice to know that there are bunny-eared and bestreamered people out there. We can only hope to be worthy of a glimpse!

PS – Any outfit will turn into camouflage in the right setting, as evidenced by neon guy in front of the neon-bright windows. Bunnies might blend in with, um, an Easter parade??

6. Scott says:

Nice! I parked next to a red oma on Milwaukee today. Soon we’ll be everywhere!!

7. Cherilyn says:

Love the idea of the bunny and streamers! I wonder how my boys would deck out their helmets?

I’m all for more visibility. Good contrast driving last night–I almost hit two runners dressed in dark colors who I didn’t see until the last minute. Very scary. The biker I saw a couple of minutes later was wearing bright yellow with reflective tape plus a headlamp. didn’t miss him!

8. Keri says:

Originally Posted By CherilynI wonder how my boys would deck out their helmets?

David Engwicht decked out his helmet with devil horns. It’s a fascinating approach to humanizing traffic interactions, described here:

9. Trisha says:

Clearly, you and that woman are destined to meet! love this picture, your photography skillz are impressive.

10. I used to see her when I biked last winter!!