Back From California

We are back from a trip to San Diego for our annual girlfriend reunion.  We will have intelligent stuff to say about the city and its bicycling culture later – which includes cruisers and meeting the fantastic Beany of Brown Girl in the Lane.  For now we’ll leave you with pictures.

I’ll put them after the jump to spare loading time…

San Diego Birds

San Diego Plants

San Diego Boardwalk

San Diego Buildings

San Diego Sunset

Friends!

Now back to our regularly scheduled daily blogging (and blog-reading) programming :)

Tagged , , ,

14 thoughts on “Back From California

1. welshcyclist says:

As ususl you girls look fantastic, I just wish my sons could meet you both.

2. Amy says:

I love the glimpse of orange feet in the 2nd photo. Looks like you both had fun, and got a chance to thaw out!

3. Vee says:

I love that you guys travel together so often. Great pictures. and I still love Tricia’s bangs. Too cute for words.

4. Esteban says:

Good to see my hometown through your lenses. Hope you enjoyed it!

5. calitexican says:

those pictures are gorgeous! perfect socal awesomeness. next time y’all should travel north to ride with us! :) during the non rainy season, of course.

6. Glad to hear you are back, I was starting to get serious withdrawal symptoms!

Sounds like you had an exciting time and the pictures are beautiful.

7. Makes me wish (again!) that I’d found my way to cycling when I was as young as the two of you. What a great getaway!

8. G.E. says:

Your pics of SD are absolutely beautiful, but the SD birds are giving me bad flashbacks of having lunch on the beach there with a friend there, when a bird flew overhead and decided to leave his droppings right in the middle of my plate. It’s funny now, but at the time, I was completely grossed out!

Hopefully, you enjoyed a little vacation from both the cold/snow and what appears to be a fun get-together.

9. Sox says:

Beautiful pictures. It almost looks like they don’t have winter there.

10. Christa says:

Lovely photos! Beany is great. Wish I was still in the area so I could have met with you too.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of San Diego’s bike culture and infrastructure.

11. Johnny says:

Beautiful photos! You’re making me jealous, with all the sun in January. :)

12. Sigrid says:

my sister lives in SD ~ after seeing you in clothing that actually reveals you are a human (no humans to be seen here right now, just layers and layers of clothing) I am wondering why I do not go visit more…

last time I was there I was noticing all the good looking calves on lycra-ized men on the ocean roads and spotted an interstate-side bicycle trail all the way basically from Solona Beach to Poway. I intend to ride it with H one day…Funny the things you see when you are looking at the world through bicycle filtered lenses…

13. You enjoyed much better weather than we did during our June visit. I regret we didn’t have time to meet Beanie,who was gracious enough to suggest meeting for coffee. Next time.

14. Helen says:

I just love to read your blog and the many others you have up for our reference. Beautiful photos and articles so loving put together.