Guitar Bike: Week Two

Another guitar class means another guitar-bike picture. Since the weather is beautiful and the roads are clear, I rode Betty Foy this time. I felt perfectly stable, but had to lean forward a bit more than I would like, making the ride somewhat uncomfortable. Luckily, it was less than two miles. Cars seem to give me more room when I have this on my back.

Now I’m off to enjoy the beautiful weather with Betty some more :)

Tagged , , ,

9 thoughts on “Guitar Bike: Week Two

1. Trisha says:

Yes, enjoy! Do you get work off tomorrow?

2. Dottie says:

@Trisha – Yup! But I’ll be going in anyway to make up for next Monday :)

3. The guitar looks as good on Betty as it does on Oma. What is the largest object you’ve carried on a bike?

I rode mostly to do some errands, all short rides. On Saturday we had our 1st Roadster Appreciation Society of Boston meeting and I met a few local bicycle enthusiasts – but the location was close to my house, so I walked. Now the Co-Habitant and I are out of town till Tuesday, because it’s our 5th year wedding anniversary tomorrow! We planned to go skiing but it rained today so we’re waiting to see if the skiing place gets more snow. If not, and the roads are clear enough – maybe a long bike ride in the country instead.

4. Xtra says:

Xtracycles are awesome guitar carriers. No need to carry it on your back just strap it in one of the big bags.

5. Wow! How did Mr. Dottie get up on top of the garage? (I’m guessing that’s how you got the overhead shots.) Cool!

6. PZyduck says:

I wish I could do that. As a working musician, I usually carry 2 guitars, an amp, pedal board, cables and a full P.A. system which totals right around 750 lbs. Just a bit to much to wear on my back. Hmmm. Perhaps a trailer is in order. Time to go shopping. Keep up the good work though and keep on playing.

7. Catherine says:

This is great. Also interesting to note is that I’ve also been wanting to take guitar lessons for basically forever. I’ve owned a (cheap secondhand) guitar for 5 years now! I tried to have my dad teach me on his when I was in high school (dad’s self-taught, left handed, and learns everything easily so that experiment didn’t work so well :) )

One of these days I swear I’m going to find some free time and just do it!

8. horace says:

I like the second shot with the snow. I know a lot of cyclists who think they’re tough, but I don’t see them riding around in the snow with a guitar on their backs. :-)