A Bike Lover’s Gift Guide: Etsy

Confession: Internet shopping is one of my favorite pastimes. I know it’s not right, but somehow filling a virtual shopping cart with crap I don’t need and then closing the window at the last moment, without checking out, is just as therapeutic as actually making the purchase.

Know what else is therapeutic? Passing the finds on to someone else. In that spirit, and because it is the season of gift-giving, we will be sharing some of our favorite bikey finds with you over the next few Saturdays. First up are some items from one of the places I find near impossible to resist: Etsy.com. If you haven’t heard, Etsy is a fabulous online marketplace where people (like  our friends at cyclemumbreeze!) sell handmade or vintage goods. All of these unique gifts are under $50, by the way.

Row One: Bicycle Key Rack, Custom Leather U-Lock Holster, Vicious Cycle T, Screen-Printed Bicycle Glasses

Row Two: Bike bag, Heidi Cycle Cap, Bicycles Only (Russian), Letterpress Pink Bike

Row Three: The Bicycle (cards), Schwinn Breeze photo, Bike Drawstring Pouch, Bicycle Quote shirt

Row Four: little steel bicycle, Go By Bike Carryall, Going to See My Baby print, Sparkling Grey Legwarmers

Love all of these, but my favorite has to be the Vicious Cycle t-shirt. It’s just so very punny.

How about you?

(p.s. Etsy mini-gallery inspired by the oh-so-tempting collections of Miss Nightingale at Beyond the Pale.)

Tagged , ,

21 thoughts on “A Bike Lover’s Gift Guide: Etsy

1. E A says:

Thanks for sharing… I’d like one of each this Christmas please. :-)

2. maria says:

Ooh, what a great gift guide. I really like the grey leggings.

3. Chessie says:

RidingPretty did an Etsy Bicycle gift guide last year and it was really good. HA!

4. Ben says:

Don’t forget the Bike Burrito!

5. dottie says:

Fun! There’s so much great stuff on Etsy. Gotta love the puns :)

6. Funny to imagine thousands of women satisfying their shopping lust by filling virtual baskets with virtual goods and then closing the window before check-out. I wouldn’t trust myself to keep away from that “buy now” button!

Very cool gifts. FYU though – the “bicycles only” print is not proper Russian.

• Trisha says:

Aw, and I thought it was so appropriate after our Russian trip! Should have run it by Dottie first. :) I have been somewhat leery of tshirts with phrases in languages I don’t read ever since a Chinese friend of mine in high school nudged me and told me that one of our classmates’ trendy asian-inspired t-shirt actually said something about socks.

7. mags says:

hey, my stencil clocks would have fit this collection: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31367658

i can do any color combo, too!

happy holidays!

8. Kate Black says:

Love your gift guide!

I’m also partial to the Vicious Cycle design. Those old timey bikes were dangerous. Lethal faceplants.

I’ve got a few bike-related items in my shop as well:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_1&listing_id=17137169 is my favorite.

9. Amanda says:

Love love love all the bike stuff!

10. Catherine says:

These are so cool–thanks for sharing!

11. Step-Through says:

I just got my boyfriend a bicycle tie from Etsy for his birthday. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=35170409 – I picked ‘beige’ which is actually a caramel brown. He LOVES it. He’s a professional bicycle planner and dreams of the day when he has a different bicycle tie to wear to work each day. The tie was great -real silk, handmade.

12. academichic says:

Great choices! I love Etsy and I’ve also filled my cart with bikey items on Etsy only to talk myself out of purchasing them at the last moment. What what wonderful gifts these would make! I might have to email T. (husband) this link :) S.

13. Patty says:

I have the “Going to See My Baby” poster hanging in my room and I love it. I got it at the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park. Good stuff!

14. [...] Week one of our Bike Lover’s Gift Guide highlighted fun and beautiful handcrafts available on Etsy. For week two we are shifting our focus to gifts that give back to the bicycling community. [...]

15. [...] Week one of our Bike Lover’s Gift Guide highlighted fun and beautiful handcrafts available on Etsy. For week two we are shifting our focus to gifts that give back to the bicycling community. [...]

16. [...] A Bike Lover's Gift Guide: Etsy « Let's Go Ride a Bike [...]