Chicago’s Navy Pier

I ride by Navy Pier every day during my commute. Today the weather was gorgeous – sunny in the 60’s F – so I decided to stop and explore the pier before heading home. I enjoyed it all, even my $5 icecream cone :) This is a great place to go for families, friends and dates.  I love being a tourist in my home city, which you may have noticed.

11-14 navy pier sign

11-14 ferris wheel

11-14 rides

11-14 swings

11-14 funhouse

11-14 pier

11-14 popcorn

11-14 icecream

11-14 navy pier

11-14 flower

11-14 funnel cakes

11-14 water fountain

11-14 betty foy

11-14 me

You can see my full Chicago Guide here.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “Chicago’s Navy Pier

1. Dwayne says:

Wow. You couldn’t have captured a more brilliant, beautiful blue sky if you’d Photoshopped those snaps.

2. b. says:

Navy Pier is one of my favorite places on earth! Great people-watching, fun stores to look at while walking, the Haagen Daz counter, and Chicago Shakespeare Theatre: what more could you ask for? So glad you got out into the sunshine to enjoy it today.

3. Sox says:

That looks like great fun!

4. Amy says:

Oh, I was just there this morning for my Shakespeare class. Your camera was able to capture the day perfectly!

5. Mamavee says:

perfect pics. I love the popcorn. it’s really good. nice new camera!!!

6. Steve A says:

In my HO, ferris wheels trump buffalo for adventurous without a doubt…

7. Miss sarah says:

The pictures are coming out great! The good light really helps:)

8. G.E. says:

Everything is so beautiful! I’m so jealous as it is currently snowing here, and now it’s sticking to the ground. :o( Oh well, it will change back to sun quick enough. :o)

9. Mike says:

If ever there were a city where you could be a native/tourist, it’s Chicago. My favorite city in the world, bar none. Easily 100 times cleaner than San Francisco. Your photos are beautiful — nice camera!

While $5 may be a bit steep for an ice cream cone, it must be said that this was clearly a cone of substance. Looks like a two-hander.

I recently picked up a 1970 Schwinn Racer and was determined to pick a name that would reflect its heritage (manufactured at Peoria and Lake Streets). Thought about “Argyle,” “Berwyn” and others, finally settled on “Da Mayor,” in honor of hizzoner, Richard J.

Betty Foy looks great too. Are those little apples along the name?

mikespokes.blogspot.com

10. anna says:

Wow, I would love to go there. Gorgeous shots!

11. Ghost Rider says:

I LOVE Navy Pier, and Chicago itself…I went on one of my first dates with my wife to Navy Pier — Stained Glass Museum tour followed by some incredible Chicago-style BBQ at one of the restaurants there. The views of the Loop and Mag Mile skyscapers from there are spectacular.

12. What beautiful crisp images – Looks like you got a great camera there!

Nice dress, and glad to see the weather is cooperating to let you squeeze all the great rides you can out of this year!

13. sara says:

I’ve lived overseas & have travelled quite a bit, but I’ve actually never been to Chicago. Your blog is luring me there!

Fun tights!

14. maria says:

I have such wonderful memories of the Navy Pier!

Gorgeous photos.

15. Cycler says:

Beautiful photos- I especially love the one of all the empty chairs (but one) on the whirligig. Being a tourist in ones’ own city is highly under-rated. And being a bike tourist is even better because you see so much more.

Very cute dress too- I’m semi-obsessed with polka dots AND shirt dresses this year, so I covet it.
    I must admit I went right out and paid full price for the Club monaco polka dot dress that they advertised with models on bikes. http://tiny.cc/lNugC

I love the dress, but ironically it’s such a full skirt that it’s terrible for biking in, I have to wear shorts beneath or expose my undies to everyone I pass.

16. antbikemike says:

Wonderful photos! You already had a good eye for taking pictures and now with your new camera you can really convey the feeling. I have only passed through Chicago [on a train] and now I see what I am missing. Did you know that that first Ferris wheel was built in Chicago for the worlds fair?