Rachel Rides a Bike . . . Everywhere

Does everyone but me know that Rachel McAdams is a city cyclist? I’ve seen pictures of her riding a bike before, but it wasn’t until last week, when the lovely Lalipourie highlighted the green is sexy blog the Canadian actress started with a couple of friends, that I realized it was more than a random occurrence. On her blog, Rachel says her bike is her preferred mode of transportation.

Rachel en velo

Rachel en velo

Tagged

22 thoughts on “Rachel Rides a Bike . . . Everywhere

1. Scott says:

Does she live in LA? It seems like a crap city for cycling.

• Cosmo says:

LA is not a crap city for cycling any more than most of the US. The traffic is so bad here that you don’t lose much time in your commute by choosing a bike over a car and you will definitely cut your commute immensely over the public transport here. So it makes a lot of sense to cycle here.

2. I”m pretty sure she lives in Toronto.

I love Rachel McAdams! She’s beautiful and she’s such a great actress! Even better that she rides her bike!

3. Randy says:

You would think she could afford a bit nicer bike, at least spice it up with some sweet upgrades.

• dukiebiddle says:

Nonsense! There are those of us who actually prefer ugly bikes. The fact that she rides a beater turns my pupils into hearts for her, in spite of having been forced to watch The Notebook against my will. *blegh* and *barf*

That pie plate is HOT!

4. Trisha says:

Like many film stars, I think she lives in a bunch of different places — I’ve seen snaps of her riding in NYC and Toronto. Randy, I had the same initial reaction–that does not look like a celeb bike–and then I decided it was kind of cool that she rides an “everybike.”

5. Yokota Fritz says:

Rachel McA has been car free for a while. She gave up the bike earlier this year for a while after she was nearly hit by a bus but it’s good to see her back to cycling.

6. Sean Carter says:

Maybe Rachel McA and David Byrne could do a little celebrity advocacy tour?

7. cupcakerator says:

This is fantastic. Much respect.

8. Xander says:

she’s supposedly always riding around our city, but I never get to shoot her…Toronto is great for going undercover..

9. Steve A says:

No judgment on that pie plate. One doesn’t have to care about trivia like that to be a cyclist. It’s about loving riding which is independent of fame or other minor stuff.

10. dottie says:

I love that she created the blog with two friends. They all sound like a cool group.

11. Steven Vance says:

Jared Leto was just photographed riding a pure white fixed gear.

I like that both Rachel and Jared seem to ride bikes that “fit” their personalities – as we all should.
    Cycleicious posts a bunch of celebrities-on-bikes photo and most of them look awkward riding hybrids or racing bikes. Rachel rides. And that’s all there is to it.

12. Ghost Rider says:

Beater bikes FTW! Glad to see another celeb eschewing the Escalade for something more fun (and sensible).

13. Laurie says:

I was super excited to find her site! So much good info! Plus riding a bike is really sexy wink wink!

14. Doohickie says:

See, I don’t see that as a beater bike at all.

I prefer the term “vintage” and that’s pretty much how I roll.

15. k says:

She’s awesome in the first season of Slings and Arrows. I love that she rides a beater bike – ehm – *vintage* bike. (Sez someone on an old Raleigh Sprite…)

16. Brrr says:

I’m totally digging that she not only avoids the rock-star/movie-star trappings of crazy expensive cars and rides a vintage K-Mart bike, but that she’s also sporting an iPod and going helmet-free. The whole package ups her sexy-factor exponentially in my book.

17. Liam Price says:

don’t you just love the eyes of Rachel McAdams? she has some pretty eyes.”`’

18. what i love about Rachel McAdams is her eyes and lips, she does look gorgeous.`';

19. when it comes to beautiful smile and beautiful teeth, Rachel McAdams have it all -,,