Cocktail Party Ride – This Friday!

Join our fun group this Friday for a casual cocktail party ride, including Elisa of Bike Skirt all the way from Alabama, Elizabeth of Bike Commuters, Melissa of here, John of Vote with Your Feet, Ira of Being Totally Sweet in Chicago, Mr. Dottie and me. The ride likely will be smaller and less formal than the previous cocktail party ride.

Unfortunately, no Trisha this time

Unfortunately, no Trisha this time

We’ll meet at a cocktail lounge in Wicker Park at 7 p.m. The ride will meander around the north side and stop at a few fine places for refreshments. Check back here for more details.

But wait, there’s more! Missy of Cyclin’ Missy will be in Chicago on Saturday. Too many badass bike bloggers for one city! Any other female bloggers, bike or otherwise, want to join us for brunch? Sorry, girls and grrrls only for the brunch. Saturday just happens to be my birthday: the big 2-8 :)

Tagged , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Cocktail Party Ride – This Friday!

1. MelissaHopeS says:

I can’t wait! I am so excited that I can finally make one of these! ;-)

2. No way! I get to meet you in person and help you celebrate your birthday?! Awesome! Happy 28th!

3. E A says:

Wow! Happy Birthday! Seems like it’s a big birthday weekend for several of my cycling friends! :-)

4. Elisa M says:

I am so so excited about this!!!! :)

5. [...] like I. Martin to me. Joe Linton lists Long Beach’s leap to livability. In Chicago they even bike for cocktails; how civilized. An S.F. paper asserts cycling steers fashion, and that cars and bikes can, in fact, [...]

6. Have a great time, Ladies!

7. Trisha says:

Wish I could be there — you’ll have a blast. :)

8. I don’t think there is a bike lane between SF and Chicago so I will have to, regretfully, decline : ( Happy birthday!

9. ms. elle says:

I’d love to join you! Where and what time will you be meeting on Friday evening?

10. Ghost Rider says:

Oh. My. God. Chicago’s going to experience some sort of stylish-bike-blogger “critical mass”…will it survive? ;)

Have fun — I’m looking forward to coverage!

11. miss sarah says:

sniff. am sad to miss!

12. Karen says:

Havea great time. I wish I could be there. Chicago is my favorite American city. Ever! I hope I can join the fun this year.

13. Amy says:

It sounds like fun! Let me know where you’ll be starting.

14. I’m bringing my bike to Chicago with me this weekend! Name a time and place for breakfast Saturday and I’ll get myself there…by train, bus and now stylish bike riding!

Has anyone worn a long coat on a bike before? I’m planning to wear my long woal coat, but I need to test it out first to be sure the ends don’t get caught in any moving parts. lol

• Trisha says:

It works on my bikes, but I don’t know about a road bike. Still, if you have a relatively slim-fitting one and pay attention to the belt (if there is one) you should be fine.

15. [...] Friday’s casual cocktail ride will tour local Chicago cocktail lounges. All riders are welcome — plan on meeting at Violet [...]

16. Jeff Schneider says:

It was a lovely evening spent socializing with lovely and elegant ladies!

You might also like to join the Slow Bicycle Society on its next outing. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=71326449797