Bikes, Beer and Books in Sevier Park

Though we’ve already penned our odes to fall and tights, and recapped our fun-filled summer, I left work this afternoon to find an overcast morning had brought forth one last glimpse of summer sun. So of course, Le Peug and I headed off to enjoy it. Our destination: Sevier Park, starting point for theĀ  LGRAB Garden Party Ride, home of Sunnyside Manor and less than a mile from my house.

Le Peug, Sunnyside and some very green grass.

Le Peug, Sunnyside and some very green grass.

I changed from work clothes into something more suitable for a last taste of summer.

Dressed for ourdoor reading

Dressed for outdoor reading

10.02scarfclose

close up of scarf

A quick fashion digression: This year I’m challenging myself to wear scarves more often. My mother scores some gorgeous vintage ones at yard sales and passes them along to me, under the misguided notion that I know how to wear them without looking frumpy. It’s especially hard when the scarf is an old-fashioned square one. This faux cowl-neck/cowboy wrap thing is my latest solution. I like the way it can brighten up an otherwise dull outfit, and add a little texture.

Then I threw my book, a towel, the camera and a bottle of beer (don’t tell Metro!) into my pannier and set off. At just about 70 degrees and only 50% humidity it was a beautiful day for a ride.

10.02book

Book! (Louisa May Alcott: The Woman Behind Little Women, for the curious.)

10.02lager

Beer! And yes, kind of a budget brew. But delicious!

And last but not least, BIKE!

10.02lepeugsun

A great way to relax before embarking on a fun-filled weekend.

Tagged , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Bikes, Beer and Books in Sevier Park

1. Jerry Smith says:

Glorious scarves!

2. cyclemaniac says:

And when it gets too cold to be out and about, just curl up on the sofa in front of the fireplace and keep company with ‘Good Wives’, ‘Little Men’ and ‘Jo’s Boys’ (and more beer)?? ;-)

3. miss sarah says:

Omg, Jerry… I was totally going to send Trisha a link to a YouTube scarf video too!

Well, somebody beat me to the punch. I find that flight attendants (particularly the ones on Asian airlines) always have the best tied scarves. Maybe they have to do it as a part of their training?

• Trisha says:

Thanks for the link to the video Jerry (and the thought Miss S)! I go on YouTube for instructions about just about everything else. :) I do find that the around-the-neck look is most difficult to pull off.

4. 2whls3spds says:

@ Miss sarah,

My bride is a Flight Attendant (US Mainline carrier), and yes they are taught to tie scarves, though from what I have observed the young ones are quick to forget how.

Good going on the beer or wine, we enjoy both along the way on our wanders on bikes. Such a shame it is a mortal sin to enjoy an adult beverage in public in the US particularly the deep south.

Fireplace season is around the corner for us southerners, 30 degrees Fahrenheit is COLD! ;-)

Aaron

5. dottie says:

You and Le Peug are a stylish pair, indeed! I’ve always considered you an example of how to look chic in scarves, especially that outfit you wore our last day in London with the black dress, boots and scarf. Improved scarf-wearing is one of my goals for the winter, too, as they’re essential for the cold and a way to brighten my dull winter cycling get-up. Thanks for the video Jerry (and miss sarah in thought).

Bikes, beer and books – it’s easy to see why we’re such good friends :)

6. Naughty Peug – Not only wearing white after Labor Day, but public beer drinking!

7. MelissaHopeS says:

Sounds like fun!

8. … [Trackback]…

[...] Informations on that Topic: letsgorideabike.com/blog/2009/10/bikes-beer-and-books-in-sevier-park/ [...]…