We Biked the Whole Summer

The Let’s Go Ride a Bike tribute to summer: we celebrate the good times, the sun, the dresses, the friendship, the bicycles.

We basked in the sun.

IMG_1087

We garden partied.

trisha-and-dottie

We loved blue, the most human color.

7-15 lake

We stood tall.

dscf2709

We wore sundresses. A lot.

8-19-us

We navigated crowds.

7-26 skyline

We wore sunglasses.

9-27 summer

We cocktail partied.

6-27 cr group

We considered the horizon.

img_1118

We got wet.

IMG_0477

We rode sexy Italian bikes.

06-29copenhagenme

We saw a lot from this perspective.

spottingcars

We stopped to smell the flowers.

7-8 oma

We biked the drive.

IMG_0101

We cruised.

meback

We wore flowers.

7-8 flower

We lived dangerously in the suburbs.

IMG_1361

We tandemed.

5-31 tandem dt

We enjoyed the parks.

7-19 greg park

We loved bright yellow flowers.

7-29 oma yellow flowers

We laughed together.

09-20 oma laughing

We are ready for autumn, not quite ready for winter :)

Tagged , , , , , ,

12 thoughts on “We Biked the Whole Summer

1. Dawn says:

is that a Basil Shopper on your Oma? I’m thinking of getting one – how do you like it?
    love your blog!
    thanks

• dottie says:

Yes, that is a Basil shopper. I love it! So much fits inside and it snaps securely on Oma’s rack. Plus, it’s super cute – very Strawberry Shortcake. I wish there was an additional long strap to hang over my shoulder, but that’s my only complaint.

2. anna says:

nice review! i’m looking forward to a long fall ;-)

3. Steve A says:

Nice summer, eh? It’s nice to look back once in a while instead of obsessing withdaily problems.

4. mary says:

Hi Dottie! I just bought an Oma and brought her home from Clever Cycles in Portland, OR. – thanks to your wonderful blog. So far I am on cloud 9! I am considering putting the same front rack on my girl, are you happy with it?

I wanted a Basil Mirte bag and see one in your pictures. The fellow at the bike shop said the prongs were plastic and broke very easily. That doesn’t sound good, but you’ve had no problems?

I love reading about you, Trisha and your adventures on your bikes. You’ve inspired me to park the car and ride!!

• Trisha says:

Congrats Mary! That’s awesome. Dottie and I both have Basil bags with the plastic prongs, and so far, so good…we’d love to see a picture of you and your Oma.

5. I think the phrase “we garden partied” needs to be coined.

Beautiful ladies, beautiful bicycles, beautiful summer. You will appreciate all these photos later – so many wonderful memories captured.

6. Pop Richmond says:

The good part is, you can keep doing most of these throughout the fall and winter! You’ll just need thicker sundresses.

7. Delightful! What a great celebration of cycling. Keep it up Trisha and Dottie, whatever it is.

8. bongobike says:

What a sight. Beautiful girls on beautiful bikes. What more could you ask for. I am so glad it is once again OK for women to be feminine and dress like women.