How Much Has It Rained Here?

Well, not as much as in Atlanta, thank goodness — but enough to sprout up some mutant ‘shrooms. The Bat and I had to stop to take some pictures of the massive toadstools near the Acklen Avenue post office.

mutantmushrooms3

And this is one of the puny ones . . .

Bike and mushrooms are totally to scale.

Bike and mushrooms are totally to scale.

mutantmushrooms1

Tagged , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “How Much Has It Rained Here?

1. Jon says:

Shrooms! I actually had some in my front yard, under the shade trees, here in Denver this year. First time I’ve ever seen it.

2. Cool mushrooms! Until 5 minutes ago, we were having the driest September ever.

3. Catherine says:

We’ve got a bunch of them ’round these parts, too (DC area). They kind of gross me out, for reasons I don’t entirely understand (maybe the time lapse mushroom growth shots on Planet Earth has something to do with it…)

4. bookbabie says:

We’ve had our share of lawn and garden shrooms this year too in Michigan, happy SWF!

5. Jennie says:

There are a ton here too Trish! And yesterday while walking Fred Astaire at lunch – I found some black ones! I don’t know if it was a fungus on the fungi – but it was pretty neat!

6. What a funny mushroom! That made me laugh!

Pleasure to meet you by the way and thank you for your comment – so kind

Polly x

7. pomocomo says:

Great mushrooms. We’ve been getting all the moisture over here in NC, too, and were watching the shrooms pop out all week.

8. dottie says:

Next time try to get snaps of the fairies who live in the mushrooms :)

9. anna says: