I have been waxing poetic about my lovely rides lately. However, every ride is not rainbows and sunshine – you all know that. Here is a commute diary entry from a less enjoyable day.
I’m not smiling because:
- I am sick with a cold. I thought a 12 mile bike ride would make me feel better. I was wrong. Quite the opposite.
- The weather was super muggy. I was sweaty.
- My thighs were tired. My lack of a daily commute is showing.
- I cannot walk in those heels. They hurt my feet. Why do they make them that high? Why do I buy them? Eternal mystery. (For the record, I wore black flats for the ride and carried the heels in my basket.)
- I was on my way to an interview for a part-time job. My competition was teeny boppers.
There will be good days and bad days, regardless of whether you are on a bike. Don’t be discouraged; even a bad day on a bike is better than a day without a bike. We hope this message comes through here.