(3) Days of Oma

Oma is one good-looking bike.

9-20 trisha walk

To ride her is to imagine a future full of trips taken in style.

9-20 trisha up

With a little sweet-talking, she could be mine, right?

9-20 trisha caress

After all, we have so much fun together…

9-20 trisha laugh

9-20 basket

9-20 shoes

Alas, I am relegated to the back seat (aka rear rack) in Oma’s heart. But that’s OK. There are worse places to be!

9.20 on oma together

Tagged , , , , ,

33 thoughts on “(3) Days of Oma

1. dottie says:

This narrative is super cute :) Oma misses you – I promise. She said she’ll call.

2. meligrosa says:

bike nerd cuties. ;D GFs and the oma – oh la la

3. miss sarah says:

BFFs! Rock on.

S*

4. Stefan says:

That is a sweet bike. My girlfriend had a similar old one, very vintage. You two look very lovely indeed.

5. grambev says:

A cute short story told in pictures :)

6. Dave says:

Guys have just as much fun as girls, we just don’t look as good, or take pictures and publish it. Let’s go riding.

• dottie says:

I must disagree with the taking and publishing pictures bit. Most bike bloggers are men, and they are definitely posting pictures. Maybe not fun ones? ;)

7. So cute! I can readily picture this as an animated cartoon!

8. Fritz says:

How cute :-) Looks like you had fun.

9. jack says:

Oma is hot! The seat, however, looks a bit tilted upwards. But that’s like complaining Uma Thurman’s pimple.

• dottie says:

Ha :) The seat is titled up for comfort and fit. I wrote about the saddle angle here.

• jack says:

Ahhh….cool! Hmm…I find myself scooting back on my road bike as well, but am loathing to change anything mid-season. Will investigate for sure. Thanks much!

• amsterdamize says:

Jack, the position of the saddle is just as it’s supposed to be, slightly tilted. If level or even pointed downwards (as I see plenty of US cyclists do), it will contradict the upright position the Omafiets facilitates..in short, your upper body rests on the buttocks (pelvis), nothing else, hence, you sit upright. This makes the whole exercise very comfortable: no unnecessarily strained arms or legs.

Dottie: I’m sure Henry would say “Don’t change a thing” :)

10. Pam says:

Hi. I have the same bike…and would love a basket like that. Where did you get the basket? Did you happen to get the bike from Dutch Bike Chicago or Dutch Bike Seattle?

11. Scott says:

Can you ladies ride with someone on the back rack? I have tried this on the oma, but we can’t get the launch right. Do you jump on after the bike starts moving or get on when it’s still stopped. I always end up drunkenly stumbling around in the street then just walking the bike with the friend.

12. cycler says:

What a cute photo essay!
    Love the peeking over the basket shot.

I’ve carried people pillion on my bike, and that’s basically how it worked. It’s not super comfortable for anyone involved. I’ve seen bikes in Holland that had sort of padded rear racks for carrying passengers, but never seen one offered for sale (let alone in this country).

13. Anu says:

Cute photo shoot and story:-)

We usually got on first (side saddle) and then the driver pretty much took off.

14. Romeika says:

How adorable! I love the shoes:)

15. anna says:

Sweet pictures!

16. academichic says:

This is too cute!! I love it! Trish, you’re one good lookin’ gal standing next to Oma, your dress is fabulous!

This makes me miss Nerp (although he’s not nearly as handsome, but has a good personality to make up for it).

S.

17. This is really cute and adorable. I love the shoes, the bike and the model. I’ll keep visiting for more of your posts.