Beautiful Demo Bikes For Sale

I love a good sale and recently spotted these bikes online. If anyone has been shopping around for a new city bike, here are two demo options that may put these makers’ bikes in your price range.

Rivendell is selling a Betty Foy demo built up for $1400. That is about $800 less than what I paid for mine. This is the smaller frame, which will fit someone around 5’3 to 5’6. They also have a couple of Sam Hillbornes – a 48 inch and 52 inch.

Betty Foy Demo

Betty Foy Demo

A.N.T. is selling a Roadster demo for $1900. This bike is gorgeous and will fit someone 5’7 to 5’9.

A.N.T. Roadster Demo

A.N.T. Roadster Demo

Hey, that’s my size! Too bad I currently have more bikes (2) than jobs (0).

Tagged , ,

20 thoughts on “Beautiful Demo Bikes For Sale

1. cupcakerator says:

Gorgeous. Now if only I were a few inches shorter and $1400 wealthier.

Oh well.

2. My God, what a great deal! Those “Protovelo” Sam Hilbornes on Riv’s site are gorgeous as well!

3. Mamavee says:

Oh if only the betty would fit someone 5’1″!!! and since I tend to like my bikes SMALL I bet the two inches do matter. but I am dreaming of a betty again as a good bike to take back and forth on the bike rack with…….

• You tried the 52cm Betty that’s on display at Harris and it’s too small for you? I am really surprised. The 650B wheels and peculiar geometry make these bikes “run small”, so the 52cm feels more like a 48cm and the 58cm more like a 54cm.

• Mamavee says:

I haven’t tried it yet. Whenschool starts. All reviews say 5’3″. Perhaps ppl forget us shorties and assume 5’3″ is short.

• Trisha says:

That was one of the things that made me slightly anti-Foy when Dottie was weighing her options — didn’t like that they were ignoring everyone under 5’3″! However, having seen Dot’s Betty, I think I could ride the smaller frame size as LB! suggests.

• Erich says:

Also, what kind of bike rack? If it’s the kind that attaches to the bike’s top-tube, the Betty Foy design is particularly poor at attaching to it. Ask me how I know.

4. It must be so tempting at these prices. My brother-in-law is bike crazy and has a string of them under his house, and always is buying more – you know ‘at a good price!’ :)

5. Steven Vance says:

I belive I might have seen your Betty Foy bike at an Active Transportation Alliance member mixer at the Dutch Bike Chicago store on Armitage. Lovely looking bike, but I prefer the Dutch Bikes, like your Omafiets.

6. Man says:

$1400 for the Betty Foy Demo and you don’t even get a seat?
    No that’s just crazy ;)

7. Ghost Rider says:

Wait…zero jobs? Something going on there?

8. k says:

Aw man, at 5′ 5″ that Betty would fit me perfectly! I want.
    Too bad I need a new camera more than I need a new bike.

9. Ernie says:

I googled Rivendell and Chicago and bam I got your site. Very cool.

I have a Rivendell custom and a Bridgestone xo-1 which was stolen this past Sunday, I really want to get the word out about Paul Mcnamara, manager of On The Route Bicycles because of his efforts I was able to get my xo-1 back five days after the bike was stolen. He even washed my bike before riding the bike to my house since he wanted to ride the bike one last time.

Paul knows more about Rivendell and Grant Petersen’s aesthetics than any bike shop employee I have ever met. I know there is a small group of us here in Chicago that know about Grant and his bikes, hence if you love Rivendell, I think Paul over at On the Route would have your Rivendell’s interest at the forefront of his mind.

Dottie thank for your site, I am wondering if there any Rivendell blogs with Chicago ties that I can inform about Paul.

• dottie says:

Thanks for the tip, Ernie. Happy to hear you got your Bridgestone back! Great to know of someone who knows Rivendell to take care of Betty if needed. I can’t think of other Rivendell/Chicago blogs, but I’ll let you know if that changes.

10. E A says:

Dottie… why must you tempt me??? That Betty Foy and the Sam Hillbornes are my size!

11. chelsea says: