Bicycle Beauty

The bicycle is an aesthetically perfect creature. So simple and beautiful. Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of bicycle inspiration floating around, particularly in the design, style and fashion world. I started collecting gorgeous bicycle pictures this past month from some of my favorite inspiration blogs. A sign of the times. Spread the bicycle beauty…

oh hello friend

Bliss

academichic

Academichic

oh joy!

miss kcc via Oh Joy!

a - me

Me – Let’s Go Ride a Bike!

Happy Friday!

Tagged ,

27 thoughts on “Bicycle Beauty

1. Doohickie says:

I was gonna say… there better be one of you in there!

2. Sigrid says:

I’ve noticed a lot of the same. Nice collection of images! Thanks for posting.

3. amanda says:

Hi there,
    Gorgeous pics!
    The shot you linked from my blog, Paper Cameras is by artist Jenifer Altman.
    Check out her blog http://nectarandlight.typepad.com/my_weblog/

4. genevieve says:

yes, gorgeous! i also love the second pic of the bike in a bedroom. the whole apartment was featured here earlier this year: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/03/sneak-peek-jewels-of-new-york.html

5. painfullyhip says:

Oh dear!
    So many beautiful photos! The wedding one made me OD on glee.
    Thanks for featuring my Klein!
    I love your blog!

6. RidingPretty says:

That 3rd photo from the top of the girl in the pink dress is by a photographer I follow Thomas Prior and it’s one of my faves.

I blogged it here early June, it then got picked up on June 16th by chicksandbikes who regularly re uses/blogs my photos (and those that I find) all the time. From there it really made the rounds!

I just thought the photographer should be noted and credited.

Check out chicksandbikes and girlsonbikes. Both repurpose zillions of photos belonging to anybody and everybody, as long as the photo has a girl and bicycle in it. Correct photo credit or via credit for these photos is often missing. You’ll also find that sooner or later your own original photos or those rare ones that you find will end up on either one of these two sites and usually pretty quickly. Not a bad thing, just re-enforces the tipping point — women on bicycles.

p.s.
    I love the photo of you, save the best for last!

• dottie says:

Thanks for the info, Shelly! I’ve added a link to his AMAZING photos, plus original source info for every picture I could find.

7. Mamavee says:

I love the pic of you. I love the red shoes. the whole picture with dress and shoes makes me think of Dorothy from the wizard of Oz. Is that an intended pun?

Nice pics.

• dottie says:

Yes! I call them my magic ruby slippers. They’re super magic because when I met Tori Amos I was wearing them and the first thing she said to me was, “I love your shoes!” Then she hugged me :) You can’t tell in the picture, but they are velvet with a little bow on the top, by Marc Jacobs.

8. academichic says:

What a beautiful collection of images! I love the wedding one and the your red ruby slippers, as well as the ones featuring bikes and coffee mugs or coffee press! Two of my favorite things! :)

And thank you for including my picture – how flattering! S.

9. I love that Thomas Prior photo as well. There is something so nice about the combination of her soft ethereal looks and the road bike with drop bars.

10. Wow, these photos are amazing! Your blog looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us. There’s just something nostalgic about bike photos.

11. Sox says:

The first two are my favourites, but I love your ruby slippers, Dottie.

12. grambev says:

Lovely photos ! Dottie please take a photo of the fake palm trees by Lake Mich. on a sunny day and post it. Hugs, Grammie xx

13. Karen says:

These photos really capture the romanic of bicycling.

14. Steve A says:

I’m surprised that advertisers haven’t caught on to this more. I’ll watch that asthma TV commercial as many times as they show it. The Brooks saddle makes that bike more than just a prop.

15. Man says:

Love bicycle beauty in all form!
    Did you see Etsy’s weekly finds highlighting bicycle themed products?

Another sign of the times.

16. Trisha says:

Other than yours, my fave is the one with the rumpled bed, the bike and the coffee press. It looks like the bike has just finished its morning cup and is setting out for the day!

p.s. I still want that Makool skirt.

17. Liss says:

this is the best collection of bike photos ive seen. love it!!!!

18. […] non-bicycle-related blogs.  We’re going mainstream, baby.  My first collection can be seen here. Below is what I’ve gathered since then. […]

19. […] non-bicycle-related blogs.  We’re going mainstream, baby.  My first collection can be seen here. Below is what I’ve gathered since then. […]

20. […] when we go out riding. If you love girls on bikes (or if you actually are a girl on a bike) Let’s Go Ride A Bike is the blog for you. Subscribe to comments Comment | Trackback | Post […]

21. Laurie says:

YAY u included my collage! Thanks…I must confess I also have a file for cutsie bike pictures! But Oh My! Your collection is fabulous! Really great idea to keep them with original source I usually just copy on desktop so I don’t remember where I get them…have you seen my bicycle inspired collection?

Thanks for the inspiration!

22. Tiffany says:

I stumbled across your blog in Google, while searching for bike photos. You have a lovely collection! If the link to my website works, it should take you to a photo of my pink bike on Flickr. It isn’t as artsy as your photos here, but you might enjoy it, anyway! :)

23. […] when we go out riding. If you love girls on bikes (or if you actually are a girl on a bike) Let’s Go Ride A Bike is the blog for you. Not only are there some nice posts and photographs but a terrific list of […]

24. Toni says:

I just found this and wanted to say thank you, even if it’s ‘really late’ for including my bike image! I’m honored … it’s in great company! I listed my blog addy since I keep it more updated than my site.