A Chic and Rainy Night on Bikes

The inaugural Summer Babes and Elegant Bachelors Ride was a chic and fun success, despite the 90 degree temps that quickly devolved to rain. Everybody looked fabulous and we fit in everywhere we went, especially the swanky Nomi lounge. We’ll have to plan another one soon for later in the summer!

Let's Go Ride a Bike and BikeCommuters.com Together

Let's Go Ride a Bike and Elizabeth from BikeCommuters.com - luckily she lives only two blocks away!

Ze Beautiful Trisha

Ze Beautiful Trisha

The oh-so-stylish Dotties at the Motel Bar.

The oh-so-stylish Dotties at the Motel Bar.

Holly and her bike Cilantro of Dancing Gypsies

Cycle Chic Group at Motel Bar

Cycle Chic Group at Motel Bar

Summer formal

Summer formal

Cycle chic even in the rain

Cycle chic even in the rain

Rain?  No problem, I have my umbrella!

Rain? No problem, I have my umbrella!

Copenhagen Cyclery Guys

Copenhagen Cyclery Guys

We took over the hat rack at swank Nomi

We took over the hat rack at swank Nomi

Night Rain

Night Rain

Cheers!

Cheers!

Thanks to all our stylish and fun comrades!

Tagged , , , , , , ,

31 thoughts on “A Chic and Rainy Night on Bikes

1. Karen says:

What a great idea! Everyone looks so wonderful. Very inspiring for all the car drivers around you. I definitely would like to see my local bike organization plan something like this – guess I need to pay the dues and join in order to make it happen.

2. Oh! Tres, tres jolie!

And that green soma mixte is mm-mm-mm!

• PS: How did you like the Abici bicycle? Was it a rental, or a donation from a kind sponsor, or did you decide to buy a Chicago-specific bike after all? :) I had my eye on the green Grantourismo Donna when I was shopping ofr a new bike. And of course there is also this!…

3. anna says:

Wonderful! Beautiful bikes, and even more beautiful cyclists. What else could one ask for?

4. Mamavee says:

what fun! We have to do this in boston! ( even though I still haven’t braved biking *into* and then *around* boston. If only my darn Green line allowed bikes)

You guys look awesome. Love the hat rack pic!

5. Ashley says:

You guys look lovely:) What a fun evening!

6. jj says:

Awesome! We went on Clever Cycles’ Tapas Ride a couple weeks ago – http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tapas%20ride&w=all – and it was so fun. I hear they’re hoping to do it regularly, so maybe you’ll have to come out from Chicago to join us sometime :)

And yeah, that green soma mixte is HOT. i wanna see more pictures of that!

7. John says:

A very good time indeed! A few of us went from NoMi out to Weegee’s for cocktails – where our style did not raise eyebrows, but the fact we had cycled there did.

Next time you or the other sharp ladies want to augment your wardrobe with something frilly and safe for riding, I spotted this today:

8. Shelly says:

What a great social ride, everyone looks incredible!

9. [...] there are a growing number of chic cycle blogs like Lets Go Ride a Bike (no, really, check out this post!), Girls and Bicycles, and all of the Sartorialist-style bike blogs I listed in my previous posts [...]

10. Academichic says:

Fabulous!! Everyone looked absolutely fabulous (Trisha and Dottie – I love both your dresses!) and it looked like such a fun night! What a great event, I would love to attend in the future :)

S.

11. sara says:

Looking great. Love the black dresses & I must say Trisha’s LBJ juxtaposed with the red Abici–stunning. Me, the mama hauling kids on the cargo bike– I tend to go for the totally utilitarian look. You–the fab women looking ever so stylish. Rock on.

• Trisha says:

I’m sure you’re rocking the utilitarian style, Sara. :) I’m in business casual/utilitarian for 90% of my rides; it was fun to dress up for this one.

12. Ghost Rider says:

Damn, that looks fun…especially with the rain to cap off the night!

EA — why no mention on Bikecommuters.com? Looks like a fabulous time to promote!!!

13. E A says:

How cool would it have been to have these on our bikes after dark?

14. Sam says:

what a fabulous idea and a great way to show people that cycling doesn’t require special clothes and you can have fun!!

15. Emma says:

I am seizing with envy! How very wonderful. Perhaps we can pull off an event like this in LA. Cheers!

16. [...] Sweet in Chicago, Mr. Dottie and me. The ride likely will be smaller and less formal than the previous cocktail party ride. Unfortunately, no Trisha this [...]

17. [...] Sweet in Chicago, Mr. Dottie and me. The ride likely will be smaller and less formal than the previous cocktail party ride. Unfortunately, no Trisha this [...]

18. [...] pictures of our first cocktail party ride here.) Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Cocktail Party RideBike Skirt in Chicago!Summer [...]

19. [...] pictures of our first cocktail party ride here.) Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Cocktail Party RideBike Skirt in Chicago!Summer [...]

20. ruby says:

I wonder where Elaine got her Soma mixte? I’m considering the Buena Vista myself and I was gonna order it through Smart Bike Parts, but I really want to see/ride one in person before I hand over cash. Any ideas about local shops that stock them or ways to get in touch with Elaine or other local Buena Vista owners?