Summer Cocktail Party Ride This Saturday!

How does this sound for a night on the town: chic ladies and gents, slow-moving bikes, jazz from a rolling sound system, and sophisticated cocktails?

6-24 critics pick

Fabulous, you say? Then the Summer Babes and Elegant Bachelors ride was made for you. Join us this Saturday for a tour of Chicago’s best retro cocktail patios. All the cool kids will be there, including Trisha all the way from Nashville! The temperature may even fall below 90 degrees, if we’re lucky.

Time Out Chicago validated our existence by listing us as a Critics’ Pick in the magazine and Freebie of the Week online. We’re up there with Taste of Chicago – not too shabby!

If you’re in Chicago, I hope to see you there! Never ridden in a dress and heels? New to city cycling? This is the perfect opportunity to get comfortable. Don’t know anyone who will be there? No problem, we’ll all get to know each other as we bond over our love of bikes. Worried that you and/or your bike isn’t stylish enough? Don’t be silly. Think you’re too cool for us geeks? You’re probably right!

Here are some more details.

6-24 text

You can see the full itinerary on The Chainlink, including the list of places where we will stop. We’ll have maps to hand out at the beginning and, of course, we will stay together as a group.

Tagged , ,

8 thoughts on “Summer Cocktail Party Ride This Saturday!

1. anna says:

This is such a cool idea, love it. Hope you have a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to see the pictures ;-).

2. What a great event, and great photo of you in the paper. No wonder Famke Janssen was compelled to imitate you!

3. academichic says:

Oh, how I wish I could be there! Take and post lots of pictures!

We’re in Breckenridge, CO now and T. and I and another friend are going to rent bike today to go on a nice long bike ride along their amazing bike trails that we saw yesterday while driving in. I was totally thinking of you and Trisha and how you rented bikes on your travels to Russia and how brave I thought it was that you were exploring a new city that way! You’ve more than inspired me and today’s adventures is in part thanks to you two and this blog! :)

Thank you both!!
    S.

4. Charlotte says:

Looking good, and I only wish I could join you! We’re off to Oregon for a funeral, but I hope to get some good shots of Oregonian cycle chic as part of our weekend. They will undoubtedly be less chic than your photos! Have fun!

5. Larry says:

Pretty bikes adorned with pretty women, I only wished I lived near a city that could offer an event as cool as this.

6. Patrick says:

We would love to attend but unfortunately can’t! Bummer. We’ll definitely attend the next one. I saw Dottie on the Foy recently….maybe you saw me I’m the guy who rides his tandem around all the time with or without my wife…we keep it in our courtyard so most of the time it’s easier to grab n’ go. And the long steel frame is a comfy ride!

7. E A says:

I’ll be there… :-) On some cruiser style bike….