JJ sure looks happy, with good reason! She is the proud owner of the first Sweetpea Mixte, which has taken its place in Sweetpea’s Love Line as the JJ Fantastic. What a gorgeous bicycle! And how fabulous to have a badass bike like this handmade in Portland by a woman! Natalie Ramsland, the builder, and her husband Austin operate Sweetpea Bicycles to “build bikes for women” with the idea that “Every woman is different. Every bike should be too.” By the look of their finished products, that line easily could be “Every woman is beautiful. Every bike should be too.” Check out JJ’s mixte and then check out Sweetpea Bicycles if you are considering a custom bike and have been squirreling away the cash for a long while.
• 50/34 170mm Shimano Ultegra crank
• 11×34 IRC Elite cassette
• Shimano XT M771 long cage rear derailleur
• Shimano 105 10-Speed front derailleur
• Velocity Synergy 650B wheels
• Nitto B603 handlebar, Velo Orange stem, Rivendell Woodies
• Dura Ace bar end shifters + Paul Thumbies
• Chris King bottom bracket and headseat
• Tektro 556 long-reach brakes
• Brooks B68s saddle
• Velo Orange touring pedals
• Honjo fenders
“This is the bike that will love you back.” Indeed. Thanks so much to JJ for sharing her pictures with us again!