Le Peug Lives

Despite the arrival of the Batavus, Pepe le Peug is alive and well. The Bat is fantastically comfortable (review TK) but le Peug is nimble, like no other bike I’ve ridden. We still have fun together, especially now that the nice guys at Halcyon spruced him up for me (there was a rack issue and a problem with the bolt on the seatpost — but now we’re good as new!). Here’s some photographic evidence, courtesy of Ms. Kristi and taken last weekend:

Beautiful day, beautiful bike!

Beautiful day, beautiful bike!

Tagged ,

7 thoughts on “Le Peug Lives

1. Allison says:

STAGED!!! Poor Pepe!! ;)

2. dottie says:

Beautiful picture!! I agree about his nimbleness. A very nice ride.

3. I am very curious about the difference between how your Batavus feels vs the Peugeot. By “nimble” do you mean faster/lighter/easier to maneuver, or something beyond that? And what determines whether you decide to ride one over the other?

4. Doohickie says:

Beautiful model!

5. Trisha says:

Ha. Poor Pepe indeed.

Since I haven’t had the Batavus very long, I don’t really know when I’ll choose to ride what, but I think during the hottest days I *may* opt for my mixte since the Bat is a bit heavier. And yes, by “nimble” I mean lighter and easier to maneuver (not sure I’m faster, exactly, since Le Peug has friction shifters which are harder to change so I don’t use them to full advantage). Closer to a road bike than anything else I’ve ridden. Not made for comfort, though, and needs a new seat, so the Bat will be my choice for any longer rides.

6. Jon says:

I feel really bad that you had problems with the bike. Nothing serious, I hope.

On the lighter side, though, I am very happy that you are enjoying the Peug. I suggest a Brooks B-67, in black, if you decide to go for a new saddle. Very comfy, and appropriately styled.

7. academichic says:

I love the name Pepe Le Peug! Genius! I think him and Nerp would get along quite well! If they only weren’t miles apart, we could have brought them together some time…sigh…

S.