My Posse Can Do

Right now I have three bikes. They’re all in my living room. And I love it. Check out my posse:

There be things that my posse can do.

There be things that my posse can do.

Don’t they look ready for action? I love the way the flash caught the reflector on the Bat.

Another snap:

Oh boys you give me the beat.

Not sure what’s up with the angle of the seat on the Dahon and the Batavus, but other than that, they look ready to ride into the sunset. Speaking of bikes in the living room, I can’t seem to leave the Bat outside. If anyone has any interior bike storage ideas, I’d love to hear them. Have thought about the Cycloc, but it’s expensive and I’m not sure how it would work for a step-through frame. Anyone tried it?

Song that inspired the title is after the jump.

Not sure why this wasn’t released on an album, but luckily  I know a huge Tori fan who turns me on to the good stuff. :)

Tagged , , ,

18 thoughts on “My Posse Can Do

1. dottie says:

Is it me or do they look a little intimidating in the first picture? In the second picture, though, I keep waiting for them to sway their booties – “I don’t do so well in traffic or with leaders who don’t have it, I got me some better things to do…tippy tippy tie, tippy tippy tap, tippy tippy tie all over the world” :D

2. One Lung Beat says:

I will not be intimidated. Gotta love the mixte.

3. Darren Alff says:

I too am looking for a way to store 3 bikes inside my condo. At the moment, I just lean them up against the wall in my bedroom, but I’m sure there’s a better (more artistic) way of storing my rides when they are not in use.

4. Carolyn says:

Do you leave yours in the living room?

I couldn’t leave mine outside and we have no storage room. So, I leave my bike inside. Luckily, I have 2 bedrooms, and there’s just me and I hardly get visitors. So my lucky bike has a room of it’s own! I’ve seen multi level stands..that you can put inside that don’t damage walls/ceilings…and you can put 2 or 3 bikes on the stand..and take up little space. But not cheap!

Awesome posse! Gee, now I WANT another bike. Wish folding bikes were cheaper..are they easier take on a plane?

Carolyn:-)

5. I stumbled across your web site.

Nice posse, but so different from my posse. Hey I think my posse is better than your posse. Just kidding.

I have a posse of road bikes. I do not have any racks myself. I do store my bikes inside and outside and put all over my humble abode so they are not all together looking like your picture.

I can not give any thumbs up or thumbs down on the storage rack, but it does look nice when I do see one in flyers.

6. jj says:

i just found these – http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1086 and http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1052 – looks like the hooks adjust so you should be able to hang a step-through frame with ease. and no holes in the walls!

doesn’t the dahon fold? i’d think it’d be easy enough to stash in a closet or something, no? and then hang the other two on something like the racks i linked to?

7. Beautiful bikes, Trisha! What colour is the Dahon folding bike and how do you like it?

Between the two of us, the Co-Habitant and I will have 3 huge steel-frame bikes in our small apartment when I get back to the US. His suggestion is to hang them on the wall or suspend them from the ceiling, like they do in bike shops… Yeah.

Thank you for the Tori Amos video : )

• Trisha says:

Thanks, JJ – I like that rack! And it’s affordable. Hmm…

Lovely Bicycle, the Dahon is black and it belongs to a friend of mine — she loans it to me when I need a third bike. It’s well-made but my overall assessment is that unless you need a bike that folds for some reason (no storage, frequent travel, multi-modal commuting, etc) it’s not worth the slight decrease in stability and handling that comes as a result of it being a folder.

8. meligrosa says:

exactly. you can never have too many bikes. and they all are gorgeous <3 xo/meli

• Trisha says:

Meli, I couldn’t agree more. Just wish all three were mine! As much as I travel I am starting to think I need a folder…Mustangs don’t carry Dutch bikes very well.

9. HowardBollixter says:

3 bikes, 0 TVs! Marry me!

• Trisha says:

Wow, only six months into this blog thing and already have my first proposal. Tempting, but since such a relationship should be built on mutual honesty I must confess that I *do* have a TV. I just can’t remember the last time I turned it on (maybe last Thursday?) and get very few channels. If that affects your feelings, I completely understand. ;-)

10. grambev says:

Nice posse you got there!

11. Trisha says:

Thanks Grambev! I hope you are having fun with your new bike!

12. Betty says:

they look ready to take on the world! Love the white one :)

13. E A says:

I faced a similar storage situation. Now ny bikes “decorate” my dining room wall. :-)

I found this gravity rack on sale at Target and it works wonders for 2 of the bikes. http://tinyurl.com/m7gefz
    For the third, I got a stand that holds my rear wheel so the bike stands upright (no leaning) since I don’t have a kick stand on it.