The Beauty of St. Petersburg, Russia

CANALS

P1070281-2
P1070253-2 P1060593-2

Tagged

9 thoughts on “The Beauty of St. Petersburg, Russia

1. Man says:

Cool travel shots – thanks for sharing!

You girls look great in your theatre outfits.
    Which reminds me that in a previous post you mentioned some thing about the locals version of dressed up was different then yours. Were they more dressed up or more casually dressed?

PS
    If only you could click and make the images larger
    (Is that must be a WordPress issue?)

• dottie says:

Thanks. People were under-dressed for the theatre, which was kinda disappointing. Chicagoans dress way more formally for the opera, and Midwesterners are not exactly known for their fashion. I think the lack of picture-enlarging is a WordPress issue.

2. sara says:

I miss traveling overseas…

3. You should see the movie Russian Ark(since you’re into Russophile, you probably already have). It’s a “one take” travel through the Hermitage(and time) with a cast of thousands. It’s a visual treat… and in one take!

4. Trisha says:

I’m glad you did this post — but now I want to go back!

5. MamaVee says:

love the outfits!!

6. Carolyn says:

Love the outfits!

7. academichic says:

Hi! I just found you site through several clicks from other bike blogs and I have spent a very enjoyable past hour perusing the archives! I have just pledged to use my bike for transportation as much as possible this summer and that’s why I was looking for blogs on biking (in everyday clothes) and came across yours. I love your site, how you write, you pictures, and your very inspirational attitudes about biking and how everyone can adapt it into their everyday!

Thanks for a great site and I look forward to coming back often!

S.

• dottie says:

Thanks so much, S! That’s pretty much the best thing anyone could ever say about our little blog. Your pledge to use your bike for transportation is fantastic. If any questions come up, we’d be happy to help answer them.