Up Close and Personal

Batavus Entrada Spirit

Batavus Entrada Spirit

A few of those details I was mentioning yesterday . . .

Dynamo headlight

Dynamo headlight

seatpost1

Seat tube decals and "hammered" reflective fenders and built-in Trelock

dutchbikesticker

Dutch Bike Shop

Tagged ,

13 thoughts on “Up Close and Personal

1. meligrosa says:

and the best colour: blue!!
    those batavus sure look comfy, I loved the comfy friendly aspect of SF-fellow bike lover busbozo. Hers is a sweet set up, like the swiss knife of bikes. Im curoisu to check one out /Thanks for sharing these ;)

2. Doohickie says:

Beautiful. Did you ladies time it so that you got new bikes at about the same time?

3. Doohickie says:

Oh… I forgot to mention: *I* have a “new” mixte myself!

4. Missy says:

It’s beautiful! I can imagine how much fun you’re having right now…overseas and with an awesome new bike! Woo hoo!

5. Joe says:

So, Trisha,size? I wrote to you a couple of weeks ago. My wife has a 75cm inseam, which suggests that she’s between the 48cm and 53 cm frame. Any idea which way she should go?

6. trisha says:

Jon, I am 5’1 and have average inseam length for my height. The seat is pretty much at its lowest height even for the 48 inch frame, so I would say anyone within a couple of inches of me would want the smaller frame. Hope that helps! Let us know what she decides.

7. Joe says:

Hmm. She’s 5’5″ That’s a 10 cm difference in height, probably a 4.5 cm diff in inseam; and probably a 3 cm difference in ideal frame size. Just as I suspected: if your ideal frame size is probably about a 47cm, hers would be about a 50cm.

And the Entrada comes in a 48cm and a 53cm. Durn.

How’s the cockpit? Are you utterly comfortable or do you find yourself reaching by a whisper?

8. Jennie says:

Very Pretty Trish! I know you are so stoked!

9. trisha says:

Reach is excellent. Could even be closer, joe. I guess I would rec the 48 For your wife. The 53 would mean she was the shortest possible person to fit that bike, which is not ideal in my experience.

10. Joe says:

Thanks for the considered advice. I’m very grateful! Enjoy the rest of the trip.

11. Justin says:

Built-in tire lock? Cool!

12. Joe says:

Trisha, I’m reviving my queries to ask for more advice about sizing on the Entrada, now that you have yours home. Way back when you were advising me on whether it would work for my wife.

We dithered on ordering the 48cm Entrada, since she can’t try it out. So we set about looking for commuters that she _could_ try out. Today we were out trying out Fisher Simple City bikes and we learned two things: 1) the 16″ was a little too small and the 18.5″ was a little too large, but, that said, 2) in neither did she feel sufficiently upright. I told her that we could replace the stem and the bars, but she’s not entirely comfortable buying a bike and then reworking it that way.

Does any of this convince you that a 48cm Entrada is going to be much more right for her? We remeasured her inseam is really, really 79cm; she’s 5’5″

The effective top tube on the Fisher is 560cm. Any idea what it is on the Entrada?

Thanks,