Going International

You may have noticed my Batavus Day countdown ticker inching toward the finish line over there in the sidebar. Yes, folks, Let’s Go Ride a Bike will be going international in just a few days as Dottie and I head for London and then St. Petersburg, Russia. Of course, we’re planning some biking outings during our trip, and hope to be able to share them all with you.

In London,  we’ll be checking out the new Cycodelic product line at Topshop.

And of course, on Saturday, we’ll be visiting Littlehampton Dutch Bike shop to have tea with Paul and test ride my long-awaited Batavus…as well as every other bike they have in the shop. :)

Russian bike plans are a little more ambiguous, but we plan to rent bikes at least once: either on Krestovsky Island or during a day trip to Vyborg.

Anything we’re missing? Leave us a note in the comments! I’m especially interested in whether anyone’s used London’s Oybike rentals.

Tagged , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Going International

1. sara says:

Happy travels! Ahhh, bikes and international adventures– A new passion and an old passion come together….

2. Allison says:

Even the biking is going on vacation?!? You are hardcore T! HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Carolyn says:

Have a great time!

4. Let’s Go Ride a Bike to Russia.

From Russia with Bike-Love.

I’m sure you all will have a great time and much to blog about.

5. dottie says:

I am ready! Let’s go!!

6. Your trip sounds really wonderful. What fun!

7. Lynn says:

The folks at Cyclodelic should ask you two to model their goods while you’re in town. Hope the weather treats you well in both locations, though I’d pack the rain gear/jammies just in case. Bon voyage!

8. Trisha says:

Thanks everyone! We’re so excited. Dot, I hope that comment does not mean that you have already packed, because I…have not.

9. anna says:

Wow, sounds cool. I´ve never actually been to Russia and also only glaced at London once. Have a lot of fun!

10. Scott says:

That Batavus looks great. May you ride in good health! Were you not able to order one in the states?

• Trisha says:

Thanks, Scott!

I could have ordered one in the States, but would still have had to pay for S/H since no one in my area is a dealer. So when I found an 08 model on clearance in the UK, I jumped – figure picking it up will be half of the fun.

11. May London fall down at your feet.

12. Steve says:

Some nice photos on your site! How about linking a few of your favorites to larger images. Just a thought.