That’s My Story, and I’m Sticking To It

I said farewell to winter in We Biked the Whole Winter. I considered waiting until March 20, the official first day of spring, but the sustained spring-like weather and decent 15-day forecast convinced me that it was time to move forward.

I agree!

I agree!

Mural at Rapid Transit Cycle Shop.

I stand behind this decision. Okay, yesterday was 18 degrees with (allegedly, although I did not feel it) a windchill of 0. I overdressed and was sweating half-way to work. The sunshine was strong and everything was bright and beautiful. That’s springtime, folks! And, yes, currently the news says it’s 15 degrees, but I imagine it will be like yesterday, so I’m not worried. And every day from now on in the forecast is in the 50’s. So I’ll throw on my two gloves, long undies, scarf, and boots today, but I’m not giving spring up! Who’s with me? ;)

Tagged , , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “That’s My Story, and I’m Sticking To It

1. Trisha says:

Me! We are rocking a “wintry mix” at the moment but I am going to do my best to look the other way…

2. Charlotte says:

We need a sign like that in Boston.

I’m riding, the sun is getting stronger…

3. anna says:

Had the same problem yesterday (wore too much), but today as it was cold again I didn’t bring enough – weather changes within minutes here. I definitely need to buy some cool sunglasses as the sun comes back..

4. I’m with you! Okay, so the windchill yesterday peeled the skin off my face, but it was sunny! Like you guys down in Chi-town, our upcoming days are going to be markedly warmer soon. Helloooo Spring!!!

5. Val says:

I’ve been trying to cultivate this attitude: http://tinyurl.com/bpw3c9 It works pretty well, most of the time, and we are getting some warmer weather – I had to leave my jackets in the basket going home last night!

6. If you have Spring in your heart, that’s all that matters.

7. Justyna says:

Wish I could greet that spring with breathing passages fully open (aaa-choo). Thanks for posting the pic of our mural.

8. Carolyn says:

Well, I’ve gotten over my February Cabin Fever and believe there is hope now. But it’s still winter here…it snowed a couple inches, but it is not frozen to the road. I could have biked today! But I didn’t as it was wintery this morning. Though, I’d take this snow over -20 f!!

Spring is there somewhere though and I’m not giving up. I’m biking to work tommorrow.

9. Karen says:

I feel your pain. After 3 weeks of really great weather and seeing the snow banks retreat from around our driveway, today we got frigid temperatures and a mixture of rain and snow. Great for the ski resort but now the bike lanes and paths will be covered with ice.