Hershberger Baker’s Basket

I’ve been looking for a suitable basket for Oma’s front rack since I adopted her in October. I was looking at a couple of Basil and Wald baskets and had decided that a simple, big wire basket would be the most utilitarian choice for all weather and hauling conditions. But then I saw this beauty on Velo Orange: the Hershberger Baker’s Basket with Lid. Add to the good looks that it was made by an Amish family in Minnesota, and I was sold.

Oma with New Basket

Oma with New Basket

The basket arrived in the mail yesterday. It is smaller than I imagined and not nearly as yellow as the catalog picture, but still lovely. I sorta question the utilitarian factor, but it’s so beautiful and unique that I don’t really care.

Basket Close-Up

Basket Close-Up

Lots more pictures with prettier backgrounds in the future, along with hauling reviews.

Heads Up: Trisha is flying to the land of ice and wind tomorrow to visit me, so expect some fun joint posts this weekend!!

Tagged ,

10 thoughts on “Hershberger Baker’s Basket

1. Ghost Rider says:

That Herschberger is PERFECT for your bike. Nice score!

2. Lynn says:

Oh, that’s gorgeous! All you need now is a puppy peeking out. Or maybe a few six-packs of Dutch beer would be more practical for the weekend.

3. Erich says:

always wanted one of those for a bike, but I just don’t have the right bike, or the front rack. Or both. Looks at home here though.

4. Real nice!
    But is Toto’s head going to pop out? ;)

5. dottie says:

I didn’t think it would take long for the Wicked Witch of the West references to show up!

6. The basket’s spot on. But now I’m curious: does anyone happen to know what kind of bike our dear witch was riding when she pedaled past Dorothy’s window? It’s funny; every time I ride any sort of old town bike, that’s the theme music playing in the back of my noggin.

7. Trisha says:

Looks great, Dot. I can’t wait to meet Oma. :)

8. Tinker says:

Nice Basket, Nice Rack! Sounds kind of… personal?

9. You’re more the Dorothy part. :)

10. Charlotte says:

That is a gorgeous basket. I’m glad you couldn’t resist!